BK

allgone

I file for bk in 97 and 96 under my married name. I never had my ssn change to show that I had gotten married so I still have my maiden name, ( I got married in 94 )I have taken my married name off of my credit file can I dispute the bk as not mine. How will that work for me?

I file for bk in 97 and 96 under my married name. I never had my ssn change to show that I had gotten married so I still have my maiden name, ( I got married in 94 )I have taken my married name off of my credit file can I dispute the bk as not mine. How will that work for me?

It won't hurt to dispute it. Might even help. After a couple years the court ships the papers off to the National Archives where they are still kept but harder to get to. Just don't accept it if the CRA says they did a "computer verify." That just means they matched it up in some database. Unacceptable according to Bryant v. TRW. The CRAs would have to call the archives and do a research request which takes time and money. The CRAs may not even bother trying since it is such a hassle.