CA responded to my DV...........

Hello, I am new to this forum and have found this site to be very helpful, so thank you to all that have posted.

I received a collection letter in febuary for an old phone bill. I sent a DV letter CMRR on Feb.09, I just received a response from the CA today. The CA sent a letter stating they were responding to my request and enclosed a copy of the final billing statement along with billing statements from may 1998- september 1998. The september 1998 statement has a due date of oct. 1998 but the final billing statement has a due date of July 2000 both for the same amount. I had this phone disconnected in august of 1998 and no longer live in the state the phone bill is in. I would like to know if the information the CA sent is enough for validaiton. Also when will the SOL actually start in a case like this after the phone was disconnected or after the final billing statement of july 2000. Any help on this will grately be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

The amount of the bill is over $400. This is the first time the CA has contacted me about it so I wasn't sure what it was about until i ask for the validation. I've done some research on this forum and found similar cases. If I understand correctly, the SOL will start when the payment is past due and no further payments were made. And also from reading other post, the copies of the billing statements are not considered to be a validation. I currently live in TX and the bill is from NC so i believe the SOL has expired. Do I just go ahead and send them a SOL letter and don't worry about not getting the full validation.

Thanks again for your assistance.

You ae correct on all accounts. Somehow I was thinking 2004, not 1998 (backwards math). The SOL has expired in both Texas and NC.

Make sure you make it clear that they are to remove any negative entries and inquiries made to your reports.

Keep us informed!