bankruptcy charge-off question

bartman

Hi all.

Have a discharged BK in January. One account, which was included in BK, still shows chargeoff and 120 days late. I was turned down for car loan because of this. I called the company and they said they had not received any BK paperwork. I told them I had already talked to my BK lawyer and it's on there. They said hold on. They came back and said we just pulled it up online and we will change to included in BK. I said it was too late and that you have broken BK laws by incorrectly reporting this and I was turned down for a car loan because of this. They said there is nothing they can do about it. Talked to a supervisor and got address information and the such. She said there was nothing else they could do. Is there anything else I can do?

How are going to prove this mistake caused your damages? Will the car dealer testify? If not, water under the bridge. Move on.

If anything use there mistake to get the account deleted from your credit-report.

Dispute the trade-line online, if verifed you will have them.

Actually, they're not. The BK code has absolutely nothing to do with the way things are shown on your credit reports. That is all in the FCRA. The only possible conenction to the BK law would be that reporting to the CRA's IS considered collection action by the FTC. Collections on a discharged debt is forbidden.

You need to hammer them with the FCRA to report MAXIMUM ACCURACY and to show that the account WAS included in the bankruptcy, shows a zero balance, and no lates or charge-offs AFTER your BK fiiling date.