Got some questions about 30 days late

uab

hi, just joined yesterday. I have been reading a lot, and doing some searches, but the info that comes out, i feel overwhelmed by it. Never thought Credit reports where this big.

Anyways, i have read that if i want collections off my record i ask the CRA to remove it via dispute right?

however i have several accounts that report 30 days past due, two of these accounts i have had for 5 years, and only missed the payment once.

Whats the chain of approach here?

Goodwill letter them first? then if that that doesnt work dispute with CRA as never been late?

any info regarding this will be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

If it's a good TL except for the lates, then you don't want it removed completely. The Goodwill letter to the OC is a good approach to try to get those lates removed. If you disputed it directly to the CRA's as "never late", and if they can't verify, then you risk the entire TL being deleted and losing the history associated with it (meaning points as well). Some people have said they've had great response by using www.planetfeedback.com as well.

First Off, welcome :D:D I'm in a similiar situation and my approach is going to be Dispute with the CRA as never late (who knows, might just get lucky??). If that's unsuccessful then I will goodwill the OC until I Get the lates removed. Also I learned from this board that PFB(Planet Feedback.com) Is also a good resource for goodwilling an OC. Good Luck :!::!:

First Off, welcome :D:D I'm in a similiar situation and my approach is going to be Dispute with the CRA as never late (who knows, might just get lucky??). If that's unsuccessful then I will goodwill the OC until I Get the lates removed. Also I learned from this board that PFB(Planet Feedback.com) Is also a good resource for goodwilling an OC. Good Luck :!::!:

Hmm.. have you GWd the OC yet? I would go there first. If they dont do it you will have something more for your planetfeedback letter. JMO.

J

I disputed 4 lates on a Sears TL with the CRA - they came back verified, so then I went on to Planetfeedback.com and typed a letter to Sears letting them know why three of them (3/2002, 4/2002 and 5/2002) where not suppost to be there cause I was going through a dispute with Sears over charges that were not mine. A couple days after sending the letter through Planet feedback I got a letter from Sears saying they would be removing the lates. That left one 30 day late on there from 1998 which I really wanted gone. So I wrote a nice letter to Sears telling them why I was late that one time and could they find it in the heart to remove. Today I checked my reports - no more lates. It is a perfect TL now.