Too Funny

dear hubby (new hubby) has collection accounts out the wazzooo.. all for CCs he defaulted on last year.

((We had some major crap go down and we had to pick rent/food over credit))

Well CAs are calling non stop.. yes I have mailed DV letters and limited C&D is in those letters.. but no green cards yet.

Anyway.. this one place always calls and asks for him..

So I kindly take their name, and number and then ask. "What company are you with"

This same place, not sure who though cause they wont tell me, responds with

"This is an urgent business matter and we can only talk to him"

So I kindly say "I am his wife and you may speak with me"

They "By Federal law we can only speak with him"

Me "Federal law allows you to talk with a spouse, of who I am and it also requires you to disclose who you are"

They 'Ma'am, federal law states that we can't speak to anyone but....."

Every time I cut them off by saying...

"Well if you can't tell me your name I can't give him the message. Goodbye and have a nice afternoon"

This last time the woman kept saying. "Its illegal for me to tell you who I am with"

I laugh.. its hysterical.. I dont fear these calls anymore... at all, I get my jollies answering the phone and letting them get upset with me.

I'm sick... I know... :D:D

:speechless::speechless:

that's funny....wish they would do that with us.... Discover is my husbands card and they call to talk to him and then start asking for another number to reach him at, am I his spouse? yes? were you aware his account is past due...blah blah blah, he needs to contact us immediately, blah blah blah. So, I don't answer anymore.

dear hubby (new hubby) has collection accounts out the wazzooo.. all for CCs he defaulted on last year.

((We had some major crap go down and we had to pick rent/food over credit))

Well CAs are calling non stop.. yes I have mailed DV letters and limited C&D is in those letters.. but no green cards yet.

Anyway.. this one place always calls and asks for him..

So I kindly take their name, and number and then ask. "What company are you with"

This same place, not sure who though cause they wont tell me, responds with

"This is an urgent business matter and we can only talk to him"

Me "Federal law allows you to talk with a spouse, of who I am and it also requires you to disclose who you are"

Every time I cut them off by saying...

"Well if you can't tell me your name I can't give him the message. Goodbye and have a nice afternoon"

This last time the woman kept saying. "Its illegal for me to tell you who I am with"

I laugh.. its hysterical.. I dont fear these calls anymore... at all, I get my jollies answering the phone and letting them get upset with me.

I'm sick... I know... :D:D

:speechless::speechless:

Making a mental note that from now on I only need refer to the FDCPA as "Federal law". It is so hard to say Fair Debt Collection Practices Act when you are foaming at the mouth. :lol:

Its almost sad that Scamco doesnt call anymore... And now Arrow wont even start... Who am I going to play games with now?

Guess that home warranty jerk is going get it now-haha and I get to call HIM!!!!

Hey, do you know what you push to temp hide your phone number from caller id? I think hes avoiding me...

J

How 'bout "Let me read you the statute in question:"

§ 805. Communication in connection with debt collection [15 USC 1692c]

(a) COMMUNICATION WITH THE CONSUMER GENERALLY. Without the prior consent of the consumer given directly to the debt collector or the express permission of a court of competent jurisdiction, a debt collector may not communicate with a consumer in connection with the collection of any debt --

(1) at any unusual time or place or a time or place known or which should be known to be inconvenient to the consumer. In the absence of knowledge of circumstances to the contrary, a debt collector shall assume that the convenient time for communicating with a consumer is after 8 o'clock antimeridian and before 9 o'clock postmeridian, local time at the consumer's location;

(2) if the debt collector knows the consumer is represented by an attorney with respect to such debt and has knowledge of, or can readily ascertain, such attorney's name and address, unless the attorney fails to respond within a reasonable period of time to a communication from the debt collector or unless the attorney consents to direct communication with the consumer; or

(3) at the consumer's place of employment if the debt collector knows or has reason to know that the consumer's employer prohibits the consumer from receiving such communication.

(B) COMMUNICATION WITH THIRD PARTIES. Except as provided in section 804, without the prior consent of the consumer given directly to the debt collector, or the express permission of a court of competent jurisdiction, or as reasonably necessary to effectuate a postjudgment judicial remedy, a debt collector may not communicate, in connection with the collection of any debt, with any person other than a consumer, his attorney, a consumer reporting agency if otherwise permitted by law, the creditor, the attorney of the creditor, or the attorney of the debt collector.

© CEASING COMMUNICATION. If a consumer notifies a debt collector in writing that the consumer refuses to pay a debt or that the consumer wishes the debt collector to cease further communication with the consumer, the debt collector shall not communicate further with the consumer with respect to such debt, except --

(1) to advise the consumer that the debt collector's further efforts are being terminated;

(2) to notify the consumer that the debt collector or creditor may invoke specified remedies which are ordinarily invoked by such debt collector or creditor; or

(3) where applicable, to notify the consumer that the debt collector or creditor intends to invoke a specified remedy.

If such notice from the consumer is made by mail, notification shall be complete upon receipt.

(d) For the purpose of this section, the term "consumer" includes the consumer's spouse, parent (if the consumer is a minor), guardian, executor, or administrator.

Not a model of drafting clarity, but (d) should indeed allow them to talk to you.

Most of the CAs that call on his Account

ASG from Buffalo

NCO.. yeah we know aboout those jerks

and this other place.. who has YET To tell me who they are.

Most of them that call never want to tell me anything. They say "please take this number"

I am always asking.. "Who are you with?" Then I get the 'Are you his wife?"

Kinda funny..they wont harrass me

jerks LOL

It is so hard to say Fair Debt Collection Practices Act when you are foaming at the mouth.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Priceless.

You know, sugar, there's medicine for that. :shock:

J Snow, I *think* you can do that by *67. However, I think they have the things that will BLOCK the block and go ahead and show the number. :roll:

It is so hard to say Fair Debt Collection Practices Act when you are foaming at the mouth.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Priceless.

You know, sugar, there's medicine for that. :shock:

J Snow, I *think* you can do that by *67. However, I think they have the things that will BLOCK the block and go ahead and show the number. :roll:

Screw em.... I'm sending a fax in the morning.... If I get no response by 2pm.. I'm going to Hand deliver it.... And the letter enclosed is not going to be pretty.

J

Sky Warner, if they called me like that all secretive and all, I would tell them next time that I am the party they are looking for and that I am absolutely outraged that their company is treating me with so much discrimination all because of the same sex marriage issue in my marriage. I would tell them just because I am female, doesnt mean I'm not the male party to the marriage and that I am who they're looking for LOL!!! I wonder what or if they would tell me what they want to collect on then ^_^