fyi-target visa score required

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to let you know I talked with the new accounts department and they told me pretty much on the VISA you need a 681 or better to get it but with a low credit limit. The better the score the higher the limit...all off of Equifax.

The GUEST CARD you can have pretty much a 590+, definitely a 600 to get the card.

The lady was pretty helpful and said that its all scored by a computer no people get involved.

:) gonna try it when I hit 700 to get better limit.

the guest card is the one that usually gets a $200 credit limit....

but some fun tips on equifax, is that they take away your status of any delinquent accounts when you dispute them. So...you usually get a better score if you dispute an item or two - they get removed from your score...go after accounts that are score based only and you will get a way better score if you dispute the account. The lady told me TARGET VISA is 681+ the guest card is always $200 CL when you start

Also you can dispute inquiries with EQ and they usually delete em the same day... trust me on this.

:)

Just applied for Target Visa, got turned down but got a Guest Card. Have you all had a good relationship with the bank "Retailers National"? I will take the card when it comes but dont want a bank card with issues.

Example: Two years ago got Cross Country and almost had to sue over never having used the card but having $300 in late fees and over the limit charges. Got the mess cleaned up but it took 4 months and a threat of court to do it....

I havent heard anything bad about them...just pay on time and no card company is really bad...its just when you are late that they can become a nuisance.

Set up autmatic debit from account, and honestly just pay the cards off at the end of the month and you will end up out of debt and with a good relationship...though...companies like you to revolve so they can make money.

the guest card is the one that usually gets a $200 credit limit....

but some fun tips on equifax, is that they take away your status of any delinquent accounts when you dispute them. So...you usually get a better score if you dispute an item or two - they get removed from your score...go after accounts that are score based only and you will get a way better score if you dispute the account. The lady told me TARGET VISA is 681+ the guest card is always $200 CL when you start

Also you can dispute inquiries with EQ and they usually delete em the same day... trust me on this.

:)

I don't believe equifax does that anymore when you dispute. I think they fixed the "glitch" someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure I read that on this board.