Collection immediately deleted!

lefdi

I got the original vendor on the debt to call the collection agency and agree to delete after they receive payment.

Still wary, I ask CA to fax me a letter stating that upon paying balance in full deletion to all three bureaus will be issued. I then give payment with Visa by phone. They agree to FAX letter to me and to all 3 bureaus. If they fail, I have the original letter stating they will do so upon payment and I have my copy of the visa payment paid in full.

Either way I win!

I got the original vendor on the debt to call the collection agency and agree to delete after they receive payment.

Still wary, I ask CA to fax me a letter stating that upon paying balance in full deletion to all three bureaus will be issued. I then give payment with Visa by phone. They agree to FAX letter to me and to all 3 bureaus. If they fail, I have the original letter stating they will do so upon payment and I have my copy of the visa payment paid in full.

Either way I win!

That's sounding odd. Paying a debt by creating a new one? I've never heard of a CA accepting a credit card for payment. It's too easy to reverse the charges and call it an unauthorized transaction.

Question: I now have two deletion letters from CA's. Should I mail them to the CRA? Should I fax? Should I call and then FAX?

Any ideas

Well, you would think this would work, but most of the time, the CRAs say they can't take the documentation you offer (though that statement is in itself illegal per the FCRA). You can try to send it to them and see if they do or not.

You might have to end up threatening a lawsuit if they (the CAs) don't removie it. You have the proof...make them do it. :)

Methuss, yeah...that would normally make sense. But, honestly, those CAs don't give a rat's about if you're creating a new debt....they just want their money. I've paid CAs twice (before this board!) with a cc and they took it with their dirty, greedy hands just fine. I don't think that will be an issue. (At least we can hope not!)

Most collection agencies are unable to lawfully obtain a merchant account. Note I said lawfully, because some will misrepresent themselves as another type of business. Credit card companies do not want you to pay off old debt using their cards - they figure it is more likely that you will default on your obligation if you use new debt to pay off old debt. So they don't like it, that is, unless you are transfering a balance from another credit card - they solicit those kinds of pay offs . . . so go figure.