Looking at my first online CR through Privacy Guard, and I

legend

These don't show a DOLA?????? they are very very bad format and layout :( I can hardly read it, It may not copy over to Word. I have 23 Inquiries on here over 2 years, many (Most) are CA! are these HARD Inquiries???? OMG this is so bad. I have my CR I pulled from 11/20/2002 then again 12/26/2003, and now this Privacy guard credit report of all 3 and I cant stand it ewww......

Are all these Arow Financial, NAFS, NCO Pioneer Credit and the other 9 collection companies all HARD inquiries?? I'm definately beyond panic here I cant believe this.

OMG! this is so crazy. I have an Excel spread sheet with all the accounts off from 2 different credit reports about 6 months apart. I can see where Sherman Aquisition along with a few others, have changed the amounts owed since they had taken over the accounts, as well as DOLA changes!

With this new Privacy Guard report, I cant do that because theres no date on when they had taken the acct? Sherman Aquisitions have increased the balance due again tho! I dont believe this:(

Your all right about these scores not being close at all. Can I finagle a way to figure out when CA's took over an acct using all the green ok's or no?

First of all, calm down...I bet it's not as bad as you think. :)

No, PG does not show DOLA. Personally, I love the format...I can see who has what account and who doesn't. It just takes a little getting used to. And, I think you're right - it doesn't copy over to word.

Yes, if the inquiries are showing on PG, then they are hard inquiries....these collection agencies have all looked at your file at some point in the last 2 years. Either they have one of your accounts or they were trolling to see if they wanted to buy one of your accounts. You can read up on permissible purpose (called pp on here) and see what to do about that. You CAN get rid of these inquiries, but it takes some time. Don't worry too much about that right now though - you can work on that any time.

Make sure you're looking for any collection account opened on your report (not just the inquiry). All of those companies need to receive a DV letter from you, whether or not they're listed as paid. A collection is bad for the score, no matter if it's closed or not.

Also, pull a PG report EVERY day...you can access it once a day. Make sure you go to "order a 3B report" each time. This will put soft inquiries on your report, which will, after a while, start knocking off the hard ones. It took me about a month and a half before mine started bumping off....after 3 months of pulling, I have 1 inquiry on TU (down from about 15) and about 6 on EQ (down from about 20). Just keep after it.

Take a breath. It's not as bad as it looks. :D

Ok...to your new question. :)

Sherman has a bad habit of re-aging the accounts they get (changing the DOLA). This is ILLEGAL and they can get in a lot of trouble for it. Do a search on this site for "Sherman and re-aging"....you'll get a ton of hits, I'm sure.

And, yes, they're going to up the prices as much as they possibly can (and sometimes more) just to make money. There's law against adding TOO much on to accounts, but I don't know where it is offhand....we'll see if anyone chimes in or posts a link.

On PG, it should show a 'date open' or 'reported since' something like that....that's when they took it over. That doesn't mean they even legally can collect on this.

Have you received anything from these people? Any idea any of them were around before you pulled pg?

Above all, we need to send out your DV letters asap. I'm sure you have a little bit of time. My suggestion is to read this: http://www.creditinfocenter.com/rebuild/debt_validation.shtml and everything on these message boards you can find about debt validation and then send out those letters.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read this regarding pp....J Snow is going though it with Arrow...but don't worry too much about this yet. Focus on your collection accounts.

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14605

:cry: C M Thank you for being here, I thought I was alone, and very much in a panic. I am so angry with Arrow Financial! they inquired 3 months in a row now come on :( I am going to make an attempt to put these accounts into my Excel somehow so I can compare them.

When I pull one tomorrow? How do I possibly know if anything has changed? theres so much information on the full report. It's much more over welming than the CR's I pull. Everythings colored and bubbley?

Before I do this I must find Permisable Use on those inquiries grrr..... I cant believe 26 of them! My other 2 reports from this past year only show 4 each? Is this because I am pulling from a mortgage reporting agency? I use Henning Credit online to pull reports for my clients? I'm sorry I am floored I can't believe what I'm looking at omg. Perhaps I'll sit in a hot bath first and really calm down. <hugz> to you C M chase

Unfortunately I recognize many of them :( The thing is Sherman Aquisitions has the same accoount listed 4 different times, same amounts, same OC, on all the CR's. I have NY State tax Liens for $326 listed 3 times as well? It looks like out of I think I counted 26 accounts, there should only be 8 because so many are duplicates? Is this normal, has this happened to anyone here?

I have been here with you guys for awhile ^_^ I find solice here reading what you all do for one another. I'm pretty familiar with, or at least caught up on DV's up untill about 1/2 hour ago I just wasn't angry enough to sit down and DV those rotten weasel !@#@#@! son of a tards!

I do have 9 perfect trade lines though which I had forgotten about over the years. I'm surprised my scores are so low when all of these are still on there.

Legend, remember what I was telling you before about Sherman? Yuck! They annoy me...I just filed complaints with BBB/FTC this afternoon against them and I will file with the AG as soon as the webform will open up. I have no idea what fees they added to what account they are listing. I know nothing really about this thing except that Dwayne signed for it and he likes to ignore me.

But it's only left on EQ now, and they did re-age it on EX (probably on Tu but then again TU doesn't list DOLA's). Sherman is so screwed up, I don't know what they think they can manage.

Arrow is no better........

Bella did Sherman duplicate and triplicate your accounts too? I cant believe they can do this? and the thing is when you look at the reports, you can see exactly where they re-age when comparing them to the OC's! In fact One of the accounts listed 3 times for $116.00 has a new DOLA date, showing PRIOR to when the OC account even opened up...

I don't know what to say I am so angry with this Privacy Guard Report :cry:

Legend - ok...first of all, YES, the duplicates are very common. Are they all the same account number? If you dispute ALLLLL the duplicates with the CRAs just by saying "these are duplicates", they will normally remove them. So that shouldn't be too big of a deal.

The reason your score is so low is exactly because of all those collections. Each listing counts as a different collection account, which is a score killer!!

Have you removed all your old addresses/name variations? Get that done first and foremost...call up the CRAs tomorrow and have them remove all the old info. Just say it's not yours.

Then...at the same time as your 'duplicates' dispute, dispute all those tax liens as "not mine"....a lot of times, they'll get deleted. If not, there's other things you can do with those that we'll worry about later.

Does Arrow have an account listed on your file? They are PAINS!!!!!!!!! Check out that pp/J Snow link...it has a great letter to Arrow for the same thing. Make sure if you DO use that letter, you change it up.

And as I just saw reminded elsewhere....don't sign anything to CAs!! They tend to copy your signature to whatever they want to.

Whooa I think a complication bubble just surfaced for me lol. Doesn't the DOLA have to be 180 days after the last activity with the OC? If so, how would I know that date by looking at the OC TL? so that I can compare it to Sherman's many dates? Or doesnt it work this way.

Doesn't the DOLA have to be 180 days after the last activity with the OC?

Well, does the opening date have to be 180 days after the OC DOLA? Not necessarily. Normally, that's how it works....a company will usually give it 6 months before they charge it off and sell it to collections. There's no written rule on when they need to do that though.

I don't see why they couldn't hand it over to collections (as long as it was assigned and not sold) and THEN charge it off on down the road. Charge off is only an accounting term - it doesn't have anything to do with debt ownership.

HOWEVER....as your question asks....does the CA's DOLA have to be 180 days after OC's DOLA? NOOOOOO! The date of last activity is the date of last activity. There's only ONE DOLA and that's the one that came from the OC! If the CAs are saying it's something different, they are re-aging. DOLA means the last time you made a payment before the charge off. (In some cases, they could change the DOLA if you promised to pay in writing...but normally that doesn't happen)

Sounds like you have a PITA Sherman account. We need to get all this off of there. When WAS your OC's DOLA, by the way?

Also Sherman has my old Sears account. Sears DOLA was September 1993, and Sherman bought it June 2003! 6 full year change on last activity! and in New York SOL is 6 years, which Sears would have been up in September of this year? Now Sherman has it as starting all over again.

So if I have my CR here showing Sears DOLA 9-93, and Sherman bought it 6-2003, then this is proof that it was re-aged?

CM my question was more of how would I determine when the OC sold it for collections? Example: On a Capitol One I stopped all payments in 1999 so if they sold it in July of 1999 to collections, why would Capitol Ones DOLA say 4/2003 if there has been no activity on the accouont since 1999?

Some accounts, I dont remember when my payments stopped with them, but I know it was 2-3 years prior to what the OC has listed as DOLA. Tha'ts what I meant to ask, I have read much info here on (the DOLA is the DOLA period) and nothing can change that date.

Crap1 tends to re-age their accounts and IS illegal. They do so they'll 1)have more time to sue you and 2) keep it on your report longer.

They are the worst of the bunch when it comes to that.

Are they ALL re-aging?? Are you suuuuure nothing else was done with this account?

Absolutely positive nothing was done with any of them. With bad credit I have had to live in the sub prime world which includes the 30.00 late fees along with the 30.00 over limit fees that they caused with an annual fee grr.... I wrote them off and fought them forever to waive the original fees they hit me with, and now the $200.00 credit limits are 1,000 write offs!

So do I need to go through my actual statements and find where I made my last payment? When I find the statement from 2 years ago that shows my last activity, and I compare it to Capitol Ones DOLA of rather recently, Then I .......... wow this does get a bit hardcore doesnt it?

If you have your old statements, that would be awsome! If you have an old credit report that shows DOLA, that would be great too. Use anything you can.

You MAY have to end up filing on them, so start researching all you can about re-aging. You can also write to Mr. Cooke, Cap1 bigwig, via Planetfeedback.com. This has helped.

Threaten to file complaints. If they don't do anything, file them. Same thing with filing suit.

Cat I dont think they come worse than mine, but as C M said it's not as bad as it looks. I'm not seeing that yet, but at lease I'm calmed down now after the shock, and am now angry enough to fight back!

I have been here for a bit watching and reading everything I could to get up to speed with everybody here. To be honest I look to these pro's for guidence and calm ^_^

If possible, sont look at your Credit report without one of these great people on to relax you !!! LOL.

Ok Arrow inquiries are as follows:

TU Arrow Financial 10-Feb-04 29-Jan-04 8-Oct-03

But they don't have anything of mine , there are no collections on CR, They have never called me, never sent me a letter. Do they think they just have free reign on my credit file just for Ships and grins? I must find a thread on permisable purposes, to see where they believe they are entitled to toss inquiries left and tight onto my CR as if I need their help lowering my scores Grrr.......

Ok Arrow inquiries are as follows:

TU Arrow Financial 10-Feb-04 29-Jan-04 8-Oct-03

But they don't have anything of mine , there are no collections on CR, They have never called me, never sent me a letter. Do they think they just have free reign on my credit file just for Ships and grins? I must find a thread on permisable purposes, to see where they believe they are entitled to toss inquiries left and tight onto my CR as if I need their help lowering my scores Grrr.......

Sounds like they are trolling to see if they want to buy your debt. You havent heard from them yet, but you most likely will. Be on the lookout! Hey, I have had to learn to open every single piece of mail when in the past if it looked like crap, I tossed it. Watch for your first dunning letter and then go from there. I don't think (if it were me) that I would go after them for the PP thing just yet. I would wait to see what they are planning. But, if they pull again before you hear from them, I might change my mind. My thinking is to wait for dunn, send VOD immediately and demand deletion of the inquiries subject to proper validation. Then, if they dont vaildate and don't delete the inqs, the go after them.

Thanx Tina. This could get nasty then! I have 4 Capitol Ones and 4 1st premiers. Each was a $200.00 credit limit, and now they're totaling over $7,500! Im in the wrong line of work lol!

I had two first premier accounts on my report. They had just recently gone to collection, and the CA's weren't on my CR yet. I DV'd the CA, and they removed them promptly from my CR's, and the CA must have returned to the OC, because First Premier sent me a letter of deletion for both (always nice to have those! ;) ).

Perhaps you will have the same luck with First Premier. :) One big pain I want gone from my CR right now is First National. They keep verifying so I've contacted them directly since I've gotten nowhere with the CRA's on that (maybe with TU, I'll have to see how this investigation pans out).

Cap1 is annoying, they hired Arrow for my DH's TL. But Arrow has been quiet this month and I'm watching DH's CR (they're not on there).