getting a credit report/they di check on what i said

without checking every post..if i am repeating someones...myapologies. this is a huge place and will take me a while to catch up. i called to get my reports today and altho people say they wont check if you say you were denied credit in the last 60 days..in my case..yes they did. i got a recording saying.."you have not been denied credit " so i had to use a fraud alert so i didnt have to pay. i have no idea if this was smart or not to put that on it..but it got me mine free anyways.

I think your ok... You can place a fraud alert on your records anytime you want... dont worry about it... The key going forward is monitoring... once you start fixing, your going to pull your CRs every day.. Check out Privacy Guard... but remember to cancel before they hit you with the big bill at the end of the trial period.

J

The CRAs don't check whether or not you were denied credit.

That would mean work for them.

There are probably lots of other reasons to why the recording said that. I have gotten lots of free credit reports even when I WAS approved for credit or had gotten a job that ran my credit etc...

Check out this link on how to get free credit reports and the numbers that I have used before in the past:

http://debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11891