how do i figure out my fico?

catballou

You can't get your true FICO without paying for it from myfico.com. If you want a ballpark figure score aka the FAKO, then you can get that from PG (privacyguard). That's what I go by because I figure pulling my real FICO about 4 times a year is expensive enough with everything else to spend $$$ on :wink:

i dont have the money to pay for it. so i guess...im screwed on that part. how unfair. it belongs to us...and they have such power over our lives..with wrong info...shakin head* :cry: thanks for your replies--much appreciated*

Actually the FICO score formula is a trade-secret of Fair Isaac. They developed the formula, so it really doesn't belong to consumers. Although their stubborn refusal to publish the formula so we can see what it does is something Congress should look into.

You can use this link: http://www.bankrate.com/brm/fico/calc.asp to get an estimate on your FICO. I just ran it myself and it was pretty accurate. It won't give exact numbers but it does give you a "bracket" on a bar score scale as to where you fall risk-wise.

that shows a estimate of 630 to 680. trouble is...i had it done..by a pal...shhhhhh..lol..and my true fico is 382. my hbs is 425. WAY OFF.

Hrm. No offense, but you answered the questions based on what is really on your report? I had to back up and do a correction myself because I have a some items I think are wrong, but are there nonetheless. Some of the questions are kindy muddy too. Like asking how long ago you got your first revolving account. You have to answer it quite literally, even if the tradelines are long since dropped off.

i will take 2 bottles...lol. wait--i dont have a credit card!!! lol lol. beats the infomercials they have now lol. and yes, hon, i answered it truthfully. thats why all this is so curious..and im interested to find out...what exactly is the deal. it should help others here when i do know exactly.

Well, I think the point that's being missed here is that you don't REALLY know what's on your reports until you see it. You could have all kinds of things pop up that you don't know you have. Doing that calculator is pretty good for most people, but that's because we KNOW how many collections are on there, etc.

You're just going to have to wait the week or so to get the reports and then we'll worry about fico. :)