utility companies and sols

Palisades is a CA correct? They fall into the same slimey bucket that most CAs do, regardless of what they are collecting on. SOL is SOL. doesnt matter that it is to a phone company. If they havent placed on your CR just send them a C&D to stop bugging you-they have no legal claim to collect.

I do believe utilities are considered open accounts because they have a changing monthly payment. In Iowa, that's 5 years SOL, so looks like you can tell them to get bent.

As long as the final payment (or nonpayment) was in 1995.

Send Palisades a DV/C&D letter stating the state's SOL. They'll probably disappear. :D

unfortunately...they are reporting it on my cr. if i remember correctly, it is a bill from att that i disputed with att in '95 b4 i knew about credit rules. in other words, not documented. however the dola is 95 and way beyond sol.

getting it off my cr is another story. :evil:

unfortunately...they are reporting it on my cr. if i remember correctly, it is a bill from att that i disputed with att in '95 b4 i knew about credit rules. in other words, not documented. however the dola is 95 and way beyond sol.

getting it off my cr is another story. :evil:

Go the DV route... You need to get some paper trail to force removal. There is plenty of info here to set you on your way. If you have any problems. let us know and we will help you out. Its going to take some time, but it will work.

J

does anyone know which catagory utility companies fall under in regards to sols? at&t is trying to collect on a supposed debt from 1995 through Palisades. can they do this?

If you did not sign a contract to start service, it would be an oral agreement.

1995 is outside the 7 year reporting limits on a credit report anyways, so the only thing you should have to concern yourself with is if they are within your State SoL...I think that is highly unlikely since I've never seen an SoL over 10 years. And oral agreements almost always half that of written contracts.

Spank the CRA for re-aging it on your reports for $3000 ($1000 per report) and $1000 for violating the FDCPA since they have no legal right to collect.