not really a question but...

catballou

ok since i found this site a few days ago...takes more than day to read it all and im not close to seeing it all and may never lol..this stuff scares me to death. as you may know, i am just starting to get my CRs and all and my god. since credit practically runs our lives..as this site states..cars..homes..jobs..insurance..necessities..how can the gov or anyone ALLOW these 3 places to control us? hasnt that dawned on ANYONE? refusing to fix inaccuracies..putting wrong info out for others to see and use in deciding to grant someone a home or car or JOB!!! why is this allowed? im sure no one really knows this and its prolly a rhetorical question, but something is wrong here, people!!!! to allow entities with this much control..to be totally unsupervised and pretty much live how they please, all the while holding tremendous power over lives...what the **** is anyone thinkin???? i am appalled...afraid...and since life has thrown me more curves of major importance...my granddaughter being ill AGAIN...we dont know how serious this may be but right now im scared to death cause i know what high white cells may mean......while i tend to life....these places can totally ruin me. ok so im naive and idealogical...i admit it lol..but....america will simply ruin itself. all anyone has to do is sit back and watch. ok im sorry for ranting but thank you for the chance to voice this.

It really depends on who you think should have the most responsibility on maintaining your credit report:

a. The Government

b. The Credit Fairy

c. Yourself

As for answer a., there are a lot of people who get a stiffy when the government takes more control of our personal lives, however, I would not want to cede such control to the government. Anyone who has ever had first hand experience in dealing with the government (local, state, or federal) will tell you that the government doesn't really give a rat's [EXPLETIVE DELETED] about your welfare as long as all the paperwork is done right and all the appropriate boxes are checked. I don't have the faith in government maintaining the accuracy of our credit reports (if you haven't already had problems with the IRS, then you have no idea how difficult it is dealing with a huge federal agency).

As for answer b., that is probably the most popular answer for most folks. They seem to think that the credit fairy will wave her wand and all of their credit problems will be solved. Well, the problems didn't occur overnight and they won't be solved overnight either. It takes effort on your part to get a good credit score. Credit repair is only half the story. The other half is doing good credit behavior.

As for answer c., personal responsibility is the most important factor when it comes to managing your credit. Instead of relying on the government or the credit fairy, you can make a lot of progress by taking your own initiative and getting things done yourself. I personally believe that all three CRAs are pig-eyed lying sacks of [EXPLETIVE DELETED] but I would rather deal with them instead of trying to negotiate with the federal government about my credit report.

i guess what i want is people who do their jobs correctly. told ya im a idealist with a naive wishful thnkin mind lol. i agree..and i will be taking charge and i have this pitbull personality anyways so feel pity for them who dont do their jobs with me lol. i guess whoever thought up this system and dont use it properly..u know doin jobs or housing SOLELY on what a sheet of paper says..really needed to rethink how its done. i know ford,,,with us..looks at our past with them only. so we never have a issue with ford anyways. some places will do that..and thats helpful. so i guess that was more a 'political ridiculous way of doin things as a society' post i made...you made a wonderful point tho...and i intend to do just that. soon as this crisis now is over..the credit is next in line. thanks for responding! i think what got me..was others saying how hard they r trying and these CRAs seem to be deliberately trying to sabotage them....thats just not right. hugs***

Unfortunately, the CRAs are only half of the problem.

My biggest battle right now is getting creditors to re-insert good positive credit information that TU inadvertently deleted.

Some creditors don't have a clue on how credit reporting works and part of that stems from poor training that the CRAs give them on their products.

Many creditors seem to think that the CRAs will clean up any mess that they make.

This is actually a great system but it can be vastly improved from what it is now. It is far better today than in the past where you had red lining, racism, and lots of other artbitrary factors that could turn you down for a loan.

Unfortunately, computers and mathematical models replaced the human part of old fashion common sense and now lots of other arbitrary factors can turn you down for a loan.