7 yr SOL to drop off CR applies to...

bellatragedia

the beginning of the month or the end? Meaning, you have a DOLA on a TL that is 5/1997. Does this mean it drops off your CR on the first of May, or the first of June? A man at EQ had said I have three dropping off due to SOL in May, but wouldn't they drop off after the end of May?

the beginning of the month or the end? Meaning, you have a DOLA on a TL that is 5/1997. Does this mean it drops off your CR on the first of May, or the first of June? A man at EQ had said I have three dropping off due to SOL in May, but wouldn't they drop off after the end of May?

keep us posted on this but I believe it should fall off your equifax

on April 1st. Thats how it has worked with some of mine anyways.

I have one more CO that should be off in July of this year.

Sometimes if you ask them nicely, they will delete things that are within a couple months of being obsolete.

Except Experian of course -- they write back and say "We don't understand what you are disputing. If you tell us specifically why the information blah blah blah . . ."

Although it wouldn't hurt to try it with Experian too -- I think it depends on who opens the letter.

Um... April comes before May..... not going to drop a month early.

I am in complete agreement with you on that but I'm telling you what the Chargeoff's that were on my report did. They dropped off a full month prior to the 7 year mark. My last chargeoff had a dola of 01/97

and it dropped off equifax on Dec 1st, 2003

Sometimes if you ask them nicely, they will delete things that are within a couple months of being obsolete.

Except Experian of course -- they write back and say "We don't understand what you are disputing. If you tell us specifically why the information blah blah blah . . ."

Although it wouldn't hurt to try it with Experian too -- I think it depends on who opens the letter.

:lol: I can imagine Experian saying that. It'd be much easier to call them all up and see if I can get the right person. I disputed all of these due to SOL on TU and they dropped them off in February. I thought I'd give it a try, and it worked.

I am in complete agreement with you on that but I'm telling you what the Chargeoff's that were on my report did. They dropped off a full month prior to the 7 year mark. My last chargeoff had a dola of 01/97

Gotcha.

Well, that would be super fun luck! :D I'll see when they drop off, and if I feel like it, I'll call 'em up early.

I'm lost, none of mine drop off? I am new to all of this and find I have to actually write the CRA and tell them that there are 13 items beyond 7 years on my credit? You mean they actually drop them off automaticaly for you?

Well, that would be super fun luck! :D I'll see when they drop off, and if I feel like it, I'll call 'em up early.

Super fun luck it is! April 1st EQ dropped them all off early. :D