just starting

onmyway

I have been lurking on this board trying to soak up as much information as I can.

I have a few questions:

1. Had a BK back in May of 2000. For EQ and EX it shows no assets, no liabilities. But for TU it does show an amount. Can I dispute with EQ and EX saying I never filed BK with 0 assets?

2. I have 1 charge off from RMA for an old utility bill. DOLA is August of 2000. In my state its past SOL but I just received a settlement attempt from RMA for 50% of the debt. Should I send them a letter saying I will pay for deletion?

These are the only bad things on my credit. I was scared to even look but you guys gave me the courage and for that I'm grateful! According to PG my fako scores are:

Equifax-652

Experian-653

Transunion-650

I have been lurking on this board trying to soak up as much information as I can.

I have a few questions:

1. Had a BK back in May of 2000. For EQ and EX it shows no assets, no liabilities. But for TU it does show an amount. Can I dispute with EQ and EX saying I never filed BK with 0 assets?

2. I have 1 charge off from RMA for an old utility bill. DOLA is August of 2000. In my state its past SOL but I just received a settlement attempt from RMA for 50% of the debt. Should I send them a letter saying I will pay for deletion?

These are the only bad things on my credit. I was scared to even look but you guys gave me the courage and for that I'm grateful! According to PG my fako scores are:

Equifax-652

Experian-653

Transunion-650

I'm not sure about the BK stuff so I'll leave that to others.

As far as the RMA account goes, DV them. It will stay on your account for 7 years. SOL is just the period of time that they can get a judgement against you. 7 years is how long it will stay on your CR. DV them. If they cant provide the required information they must delete it. If you feel you must pay it, make sure you get it in writing from them that they will delete after it is settled. But you could find yourself in the same boat after paying-trying to force them to follow thru with their agreement. And you might end up having to go the DV route anyway.

The general rule is to NEVER pay a CA. EVER. They only want your cash and dont care about following through with any promises.

J.