Notice of Violations to NCO - Opinions Please

cleancreditby04

I have been trying to get validation of a CC debt from NCO for almost a year now. I DVd them w/in the 30 days after I received their original letter, and they were NOT listed on my CRs at that time. They ignored my letter, called me with insinuations that I should retain an attorney, sent settlement letters, and LISTED WITH ALL 3 CRAs! I sent them another letter a couple months ago, and they have since forwarded the account to another CA. However, they are still listed on my CRs, and reported to EX as recently as February. Here is the letter I plan on sending them ... please read and let me know what you think. Thanks!

RE: Fair Debt Collection Practices Act -- Notice of Violations

Dear Sir or Madam:

This letter is in regard to the efforts of you or your organization to collect the following alleged debt:

Creditor:

Account No.:

The purpose of this letter is to give notice that you, in your efforts to collect the above alleged debt, acting through your agents and employees, have repeatedly engaged in conduct in direct violation of 15 USC §1692(g) in connection with the collection of this alleged debt.

You, and/or your organization acting though your agents and employees, have:

· Completely disregarded my requests for validation of the alleged debt;

· Proceeded to report the alleged debt to the Credit Reporting Agencies, without a) providing me with validation of the debt, or B) notifying these agencies that the alleged debt is in dispute;

· Continued collection efforts of the alleged debt without providing the requested validation.

This and other conduct amounts to a pattern and practice of activities which are in direct violation of the provisions of 15 USC §1692(g). Please refer to the enclosed FTC Opinion Letter on this matter, namely questions II and IV. Please also be advised that I have filed a complaint against your company with the Federal Trade Commission.

Consequently, I demand that you immediately remove any tradelines you have listed with the major credit reporting agencies with regard to the above-referenced alleged debt.

Sincerely,

ME

Proof of Delivery: This Notice

The opinion letter I reference is that dated 12/23/97 to Robert Cass of Commercial Financial Services, where they basically say that it is illegal for a CA to report after they receive a DV, without providing validation, or advising the CRAs that the account is in dispute.

I have been trying to get validation of a CC debt from NCO for almost a year now. I DVd them w/in the 30 days after I received their original letter, and they were NOT listed on my CRs at that time. They ignored my letter, called me with insinuations that I should retain an attorney, sent settlement letters, and LISTED WITH ALL 3 CRAs! I sent them another letter a couple months ago, and they have since forwarded the account to another CA. However, they are still listed on my CRs, and reported to EX as recently as February. Here is the letter I plan on sending them ... please read and let me know what you think. Thanks!

Dear Sir or Madam:

This letter is in regard to the efforts of you or your organization to collect the following alleged debt:

Creditor:

Account No.:

The purpose of this letter is to give notice that you, in your efforts to collect the above alleged debt, acting through your agents and employees, have repeatedly engaged in conduct in direct violation of 15 USC §1692(g) in connection with the collection of this alleged debt.

· Proceeded to report the alleged debt to the Credit Reporting Agencies, without a) providing me with validation of the debt, or B) notifying these agencies that the alleged debt is in dispute;

· Continued collection efforts of the alleged debt without providing the requested validation.

This and other conduct amounts to a pattern and practice of activities which are in direct violation of the provisions of 15 USC §1692(g). Please refer to the enclosed FTC Opinion Letter on this matter, namely questions II and IV. Please also be advised that I have filed a complaint against your company with the Federal Trade Commission.

Consequently, I demand that you immediately remove any tradelines you have listed with the major credit reporting agencies with regard to the above-referenced alleged debt.

Sincerely,

ME

The opinion letter I reference is that dated 12/23/97 to Robert Cass of Commercial Financial Services, where they basically say that it is illegal for a CA to report after they receive a DV, without providing validation, or advising the CRAs that the account is in dispute.

How about ading that they **knowingly and willingly reported erroneous or unverifiable information to the CRA. I think you can claim that as well as that they went ahead and reported after they got VOD. Also, there has been some debate over whether or not you should give them the FTC opinion letters. Depends on what your intentions are. If you want it gone....then hit them with all you've got. If you intend to go to court, then hold something back to use later. Also, you didn't give them a time limit to do what you wanted. How about give them 15 days from receipt or else, and get the court documents and fill them out for a date 20 days in advance and send a copy with the letter. And, one last suggestion. Since you mentioned you were forwarding a copy of the letter and proof to FTC, also say you are forwarding to AG in your state as well as Pennsylvania, and the BBB, and the ACA. Go get 'em.

Well, I faxed my letter to NCO on Tuesday, then mailed it to them yesterday. We have a postmark machine here in our office, so I made a copy of the postmarked envelope to NCO, and included that in my letters to the AG of FL and PA, and the BBB. I also included a summary of what has taken place between myself and NCO since last April. I feel EMPOWERED!!! Hope it gets results... I'm thinking it should, b/c NCO has already turned over the acct to Northland, and they also have yet to provide validation.

Dear Sir or Madam:

Creditor:

Account No.:

Sincerely,

ME

Replace "15 USC 1692(g)" with "15 USC 1692 et. seq." Part (g) only covers the validation part of the Act, not all of the abuses they have engaged in.