Equifax changed TL from CA to OC, is this not a violation...

Sorry if this is a repeat but I have been searching for about 3 hours and can't find a post relating to this topic per say...

I disputed 2 CA accounts with Equifax, 30 days passed and got no reply so I sent them the F/U letter (got it from this site). I checked my CR and noticed it went from no dispute to "reinvestigation" :?: Weren't they supposed to have just deleted the items? Mean while I got no letter from them about this. (is this not a violation :?: ) Called CRA and asked, he didn't know what to say except "well Mum we recieved your letter and we are doing as you asked". Didn't know what to really say as letter includes "The following information therefore needs to be verified and deleted from the report as soon as possible: " Did I make a mistake by including this in the letter?

About 2 weeks ago, I check my CR and I notice that the CA (Collectech) is no longer on my CR BUT now OC Verizon communications (Bell Atlantic at that time) is now the one reporting the very same 2 accounts and one of them have the wrong balance (it should be zero)! :shock: I have yet to get a letter from Verizon or Equifax to this date about it. Credit report states Verizon reported this 2/04. Are they both not in violation of some sort?

[both accounts are a good 4/5 years old from DOLA when they were under CA.[

What is the best plan of attack to get this removed?

I'm having the same trouble. I sent letter to Equifax 60 days ago and they forwarded to CSC (have letter Equifax sent me saying they sent to CSC). Called CSC after almost 60 days and they said they never got the letter from Equifax. I sent Equifax and CSC the same letter you did, only I didn't say verify, I simply told them to delete it because it had been way past the 30 days.

I called CSC today because it has been 17 working days since they signed for the letter. They said they are in the process of verifying and they will get it done within 30 days of the day they received.

Like you, I thought they had to delete! I told the lady at CSC that and she said 2 things.

1. They never received the original letter from Equifax.

2. They are not a credit reporting agency and therefore that violation does not apply to them.

Oh, and I was shown as an AU on my credit report. They sent DH a letter saying I disputed it with Equifax and they wanted DH to get the card back from me because they're taking it off my CR. What? I never even disputed that one!

Must be a CSC/EQ thing. CSC recently did the same thing to me...changed 3 collection accounts to the OC name (which I never had an account with the OC...it was a bounced check to someone).

I guess now I can dispute that, huh? :wink:

And, no, I don't know that it's really any certain violation, per se. You might be able to tell them they're willfully reporting false information? Maybe not taking resonable procedures to report complete and accurate info? Something along those lines. The FCRA doesn't say anything about it otherwise, I don't think.

quote="c m chase"]

And, no, I don't know that it's really any certain violation, per se. You might be able to tell them they're willfully reporting false information? Maybe not taking resonable procedures to report complete and accurate info? Something along those lines. The FCRA doesn't say anything about it otherwise, I don't think.

§ 623. Responsibilities of furnishers of information to consumer reporting agencies [15 U.S.C. § 1681s-2]

(a) Duty of furnishers of information to provide accurate information.

(1) Prohibition.

(B) Reporting information after notice and confirmation of errors. A person shall not furnish information relating to a consumer to any consumer reporting agency if

(ii) the information is, in fact, inaccurate.

I checked PG a few minutes ago and I see verizon TLs are gone! YES! :D

I see RMA and Sherman are still there :x racking up violations!

For all those who are getting frustrated, tired, impatient, losing hope, wondering if this is all worth the effort?? YES! YES! YES! :D

DON'T EVER GIVE UP! :!: