Did not know who I was dealing with

schellmis63

Before I knew of this website I agreed to pay a collector. First of all they did not introduce themselves other than collecting for Capital One.

I agreed to have a payment deducted from my checking account each month. I just paid attention to my statement, which I thought it said Capital One but this time it says Arrows. Oh my gosh!!! It's freaking Arrows. I do not know how much I will continue to pay them. Nothing is being reported as being paid and there is no collection account from Arrows on my CRA, well TU and EQ anyway. They have my checking account information.. Do I send them a validation letter, refuse payment till I know what I am paying on?

Any suggestions, apparently that is why they are on my Credit Report.

Before I knew of this website I agreed to pay a collector. First of all they did not introduce themselves other than collecting for Capital One.

I agreed to have a payment deducted from my checking account each month. I just paid attention to my statement, which I thought it said Capital One but this time it says Arrows. Oh my gosh!!! It's freaking Arrows. I do not know how much I will continue to pay them. Nothing is being reported as being paid and there is no collection account from Arrows on my CRA, well TU and EQ anyway. They have my checking account information.. Do I send them a validation letter, refuse payment till I know what I am paying on?

Any suggestions, apparently that is why they are on my Credit Report.

Linking these 2 threads together so everyone knows whats going on here........

http://debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14403

Now, you were concerned because they had pulled an INQ, but you didnt know who they were. Now, you see from a statement that you are making payments to them? How many payments have you made? Who is the OC? How old is this debt? Balance? Let's see if we can figure this out...........

I never knew it was Arrows who I agreed to pay. It was for a Capital One account that when they contacted me that introduced themselves as Capital One. Not Arrows. By viewing my bank statement, it nows says Arrows whom I am paying. I do not know the amount of this debt, only that I do know that this is pertaining to a Capital One OC. I am assuming that I should validate the debt, If I validate the debt will they then report it to the CRA? I see that they "Arrows" must have collected this account in 2003/mid that was why they were on my CRA, now they are on there again for this month. I do not know why for this current month. Either way they got me paying (which is fine) it's my debt but I would like this reported accordinly. On my report it looks like this is not being paid. It's a charge off with a balance.

Any suggestions?

I never knew it was Arrows who I agreed to pay. It was for a Capital One account that when they contacted me that introduced themselves as Capital One. Not Arrows. By viewing my bank statement, it nows says Arrows whom I am paying. I do not know the amount of this debt, only that I do know that this is pertaining to a Capital One OC. I am assuming that I should validate the debt, If I validate the debt will they then report it to the CRA? I see that they "Arrows" must have collected this account in 2003/mid that was why they were on my CRA, now they are on there again for this month. I do not know why for this current month. Either way they got me paying (which is fine) it's my debt but I would like this reported accordinly. On my report it looks like this is not being paid. It's a charge off with a balance.

Any suggestions?

Let me get this straight......

Arrow is only on your CR as inquires, right? They are not yet reporting as a tradeline?

But, Cap 1 (the OC) is on your CR as a charge off with a balance?

If they failed to notify you that they were a CA collection on behalf of their client, Cap1, they have violated the FDCPA.

§ 807. False or misleading representations [15 USC 1962e]

(10) The use of any false representation or deceptive means to collect or attempt to collect any debt or to obtain information concerning a consumer.

I am worried that this account just may continue with them. If they have hard pulled recently, possibly they might have aquired another Debt, I don't have many out there. If this is the case, they have my account information and they may just do something ilegal. Kinda worried about this one. I have learned from this board a lot to bad I was not reading them back then.

That is correct, No tradeline for Arrows, just enquiries, but are collecting the debt each month, states on my Bank statements

It's states on my CRA

Balance date March 6th 2004

High Balance 727.00

Payment status Charge off

A charge off should report with a ZERO balance. Dispute this one with the CRA.

You report them to the FTC and your state Attorney General quoting the violation I posted and your explanation of the events leading up to this point.

What are your thoughts as to what should be done in the meantime?? Arrow is withdrawing from her checking acct. Should she close it immediately?

So my steps would be

Report to the FCA? and the Attorney General.

Tell them that they claimed that they were Capital One, Now I noticed on my Bank Statement that they are Arrows? There is no tradeline for Arrows? Then close my account, and dispute the CRA? For the Cap Tradeline? Since I cannot dispute Arrows.

I was just thinking before I might open up a can of worms. If I dispute the collections account from the OC as not mine this will take off the Cap accoun that Arrows had bought. If I stop payments/close my account (bank) so they cannot get payments and report them. Will this not open a can of worms? I don't mind paying its' my debt but I do not want the Arrows collections on my CRA. I was thinking to contact them. Ask them the balance and if I agree continue to allow them to withdraw the funds then after the balance, stop the electronic withdraw. I think that this would keep this all off my record? I know they are in violation but I hate to rehash this if this is not on my CRA. I really don't know why it's not. Maybe since they said they were the OC and I agreed right away to pay they did not put me in collections? Hell, I don't know, this one confused me so.

I was just thinking before I might open up a can of worms. If I dispute the collections account from the OC as not mine this will take off the Cap accoun that Arrows had bought. If I stop payments/close my account (bank) so they cannot get payments and report them. Will this not open a can of worms? I don't mind paying its' my debt but I do not want the Arrows collections on my CRA. I was thinking to contact them. Ask them the balance and if I agree continue to allow them to withdraw the funds then after the balance, stop the electronic withdraw. I think that this would keep this all off my record? I know they are in violation but I hate to rehash this if this is not on my CRA. I really don't know why it's not. Maybe since they said they were the OC and I agreed right away to pay they did not put me in collections? Hell, I don't know, this one confused me so.

Let me tell you a little story about how honest and easy to work with Arrow is. They got a JC Penney CO of mine many years ago. I paid it in full to them. For 3 more years, even with me contacting them,and even thought I have a paid receipt from them, they kept reporting it as a unpaid collection on my CR. So, I found this board and disputed it with the CRA. TU deleted it. The other 2 left it as unpaid. So, I sent validation to Arrow. They ignored my validation request and promptly reported my account as a chapter 13 bankruptcy. I have never been in bankruptcy..ever. So, now I am having to sue them. If you think you can call them up and get them to stay off your CR by letting them continue to draft your checking account, then go for it. But I would place money on the fact that it shows up in the very near future. The only way you can keep it off of your report is to send them DV letter. Then, if it shows up, you can go after them. Otherwise, you're screwed. And, as for not wanting to open a can of worms. You did that when you gave a CA access to your checking account. I hate to sound blunt, but you're messing with trouble. Don't let them bully you. They've already lied about who they are to get access to your money. What makes you think they'll start playing nice now??

Your right Tina,

So I should do this in this order,

1. Close my checking account.

2. send them validation? (I am assuming this must be done)

3. Right a letter to the AG claiming

1. When Arrows contacted me they representated themselves as Cap. One. Making me believe that I was dealing with the CA. I have currently reviewed my Banking Statement and noticed that they are ARROWS (since I did not tape record this, it's their word against mine, right?)

2. I have never recieved a collection notice from Arrows,

Oh Tina,, I just need some guidence, and I will follow your direction

Thanks

Your right Tina,

So I should do this in this order,

1. Close my checking account.

2. send them validation? (I am assuming this must be done)

3. Right a letter to the AG claiming

1. When Arrows contacted me they representated themselves as Cap. One. Making me believe that I was dealing with the CA. I have currently reviewed my Banking Statement and noticed that they are ARROWS (since I did not tape record this, it's their word against mine, right?)

2. I have never recieved a collection notice from Arrows,

Oh Tina,, I just need some guidence, and I will follow your direction

Thanks

Well, first of all, don't follow me too closely becuase sometimes I take a wrong turn. :) Follow the advice of the board as a whole. There's lots of good stuff here. Now, if it were me, I'd sit down tonight and write a DV letter to Arrow. Then, in the morning I would head down to the PO and mail the letter, then stop off at the bank and close my acct. . You may need to see what checks are left to clear your bank before you can close the account. If everything is cleared, then I would do it immediately. If you have to wait a few days for things to clear, then I would delay sending the DV, so that Arrow doesnt get the DV BEFORE you get the acct. closed. Let me explain my thinking. CAs have been known to take every last penny out of a checking acct. if they thought it was thier last chance to get paid. I don't think you want to alert them that you are about to stop payment while they still have access to your money. Although it would be illegal for them to seize all your money, I bet you'd have to fight them long and hard to get it back. So, just don't give them the chance. Then, after my acct. was closed and my DV letter was in the mail, I'd start writing complaint letters. Don't misunderstand me.....if you want to pay off this debt, then thats fine. But, don't do it without protecting yourself and get it in writing!!! I just think the way you are going about it right now is setting you up for trouble.

Thanks a lot Tina

I am going to follow,, :) and you know,, I have read your posts and I think that you do quite well.

Good thing I have the day off tomorrow. I have been paying on another account pretty much the same way. This one was for a providian account, I know the collector and I pay him. I do not have any TL's for them either. I requested validation last month, almost two months. I think that I screwed up. They called my house. I did not answer. But I continued to pay them. They never validated it. No changes on my TL for this account. It's for Fiengold and Levy. Their letterhead says from the Law Offices Of Fiengold and Levy but they are signing as collectors.

I should do the same with them. I need to find out what type of Collectors they are I guess.

I wrote my letter to the famous CA. Please critique and let me know what I should add or remove. I am still learning so this is my actual first strong letter.

Any help will be apreciated

I am writing to you concerning my collection account that I have been paying to you. I cannot reference anything, Account information unknown. I am asking for strict validation from you. I am requesting that you validate this account within 30 days of receiving this letter. The information that I am requesting is the Originator of this account, all payments made to this Creditor and my signature and your interest in this account. Your office last year contacted me concerning payment on this account. Your representative introduced him self as the Original Creditor. This is illegal under the FCPA. As payments have been made to you in the amount of $50.00 a month. I was lead to believe that you were the original creditor.

I encourage you to validate this debt as far as the Original Creditor and stop any withdrawals from my checking account. If you fail to validate this debt and pursue collections on this account I will report you to the Attorney General and the FCRA.

Your representative that represented himself as the original creditor has violated FDCPA and can your company can be prosecuted for Fraud.

Again, I encourage you to stop collection on this account and remove any Trade lines with all Credit Bureaus.

Thank you

My suggestion:

----------

I am writing to you regarding my collection account currently held by your office. It has come to my attention that the information presented to me does not correlate with the information from the original creditor. Further, your representative fraudulently represented himself as the original creditor, in direct violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (15 U.S.C. 1601 et seq.) § 807. False or misleading representations [15 USC 1962e].

Therefore, I ask that you forward proper validation to me as allowed for in the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. This information is to include all documentation from the original creditor pertaining to any signed contract, proof the account was turned over to you for collections, and a payment history from the original creditor. I ask that you provide me with this information within thirty days from receipt of this letter.

Further, because of the deceptive practices of your representative relating to this situation, the matter will be forwarded to the appropriate governmental agencies for further processing.

You are to immediately cease all collection activity on this account, and remove any derogatory information reported to the major credit repositories.

-------------