Effect of paid IRS tax liens on FICO?

Newbie here. (Apologies if this question/answer is buried somewhere in the depths.)

I have a tax lien 16K that satisfied (as of 3/03). The satisfaction appears on 2 of the 3 CRA's.

Is it worth my while to go through the rigamarole of asking the IRS to recall the lien?

:?: MAIN QUESTION: Anybody have a sense for how much this is affecting my scores, if any?

(Also have a utility bill I'm waiting for dispute outcome and student loans that I rehabilitated and should be cleaned off in April. Many thanks to the participants in this board who have pointed the way for me.)

EX 670

EQ 666 (devil of a score, huh?) :twisted:

TU 656

There's no set number for negative remarks. FICO does not release their method for calculating their scores. Best we can do is make guesses by what others are finding.

Nevertheless, it is a negative mark, and attempts should be made to remove it. Try disputing with the CRAs first.

I believe the IRS has a provision for removing a lien if it was entered in error or something like that.

There's also a part that reads, in part, "........ in the interest of the taxpayer" or something like that.

You need to search for IRS stuff on Google or thereabouts.