CR-what's wrong with this picture?

ynkewmn

I have accounts now in dispute, some VD's waiting for responses, almost 45 days, some sent 2nd val. letter, no response almost/over 30 days.

ALL of these accounts are listed under OC's, as wrong account #"s, charged off, with balances and past due amounts,, and not listed as disputed. The only one that tried to validate (sent me bank statements, that's all) is also listed wrong acct #, did report TL as being disputed, but is also listed as Charge off with a balance and past due balance. Ok, from what I am learning,, these are all violations,,, am I not correct?

If they are do I fire off AG letters, ITS letters, and CRA disputes? Or do I just sit tight , keep it as ammo, and see what happens?

Geesh,,, could have alot of work to do here!

APPRECIATE ANY IMPUT, GUYS!

If they're not responding to validation, it probably means they no longer have the collection. Dispute with the CRAs.

If it comes back verified, you have ammo against them for continuing collection while in the validation process.

Gotcha! Thanks, DocDon. If I dispute with the CRA, what do I dispute it as? Account # not mine? TL listings all under OC, all wrong acct. # (assuming the CA's changed the acct. #?) Is it legal for them to change the account #'s under the OC name? If they bought or took over the debt, shouldn't be listed in the CR under the CA's name? I am a confused newbie, sorry!

If the OC still holds the debt and contracts the services of a CA, the CA will give it its own account number. This does not change the account number with the OC.

If the OC is reporting the wrong account number, dispute it as "this is not my account. This is someone else's account number".