Got $20K/4.99% Auto Loan @ 635 Fako

cabledude

Just want to thank everyone for providing guidance in cleaning up my credit. Was a bit nervous this morning going into the dealership with the following Fakos:

EQ 681

TU 641

EX 635

Certianly not the best scores in the world, but I walked out with $20K auto loan at 4.99%. When I checked PG this evening I figured they pulled EQ, but they actually pulled my worst EX. Go figure, but it worked anyway. I know asking for deletions of lates when I paid off balances made the difference. I never would have even asked about that if it was not for this board. Thanks to all!!!

Congrats! From what I understand, a lot of finance companies put the cutoff at a 640 score.

This doesn't mean go crazy and run up a bunch of inquiries trying to get financed when your physical report is not that strong, but it also means you don't need a 750 to get a good deal either.

My new car loan-had to be 720+ to get the best rate at the time which was 3.9-This was beginning of March. The rates were tiered below that at about 15-10-5 point intervals. My score of 661 rated me at 7.9. I talked them down to 6.2 and he would have gone to 5.9 if I had agreed to all the extra insurance, pre-paid maintenance etc. I said no. So I got 6.2.

I now have actual damages because of the scum sucking CA that re-aged a 16 yo account and placed it on my CR in Feb... Rat Bas.... Mickey Mouse losers!