Need HELP. I'm willing to pay someone serious cash, to....

NoCal

help me clear up my credit. My score is now 532......I want to get it to 700 as soon as possible.

Not one of these $35 a month services, someone who is real and can spend some time on my case.

There is so much great advice on these boards, I just don't have the time nor patience to handle it myself. I have to believe there is someone out there that specializes in situations like mine.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sure, send me $5000 and I'll take the month off to help PayPal accepted!

Just kidding... really!

But if you can spend just a few hours up front, get it sorted out, get out letters, then let things go from there.

Start by telling us whats up and we can go from there. Credit Repair is not quick and anyone who tells you it is is flat out wrong.

you can do this yourself and keep your cash!

J

Hate to say it, but you need the time and patience. Credit isn't something that can be passed to someone to take care of for a few dollars. You need to learn how to manage your finances, or the 700 score will mean nothing.

Besides, nobody in their right mind would turn over account information and personal indentification info to a complete stranger. That's an invite for trouble.

Kevin wholder wrote

sent you a pm.. please contact me.. I can put you in contact with someone who will help you..

Is that really the message we want to send? like Doc said "IT TAKES TIME" so even if he pays someone guess what? IT'S STILL GOING TO TAKE TIME!! AND WITH THAT POST YOU DO NOTHING BUT ENCOURAGE HIM TO WASTE HIS MONEY TO DO SOMETHING HE COULD DO FOR HIMSELF!! The time he spends talking to someone on the phone, going to meet this person is time that could have better been spent working on his on CR(getting off my soap box now) it's just BURNS!! me up when I see people encouraging someone to pay for something they could do for themselves with a little bit of time and energy

Some individuals dont have the time or patience to deal with the CRAS. Yes you can fix your credit yourself..but you can also fix your own transmission and change your oil, with the write book. My only advice is to get someone that is going to be upfront and honest with you. Stay away from people who promise to fix your credit in 24 hours, or 30 days. Also be careful with people who promise to give you a new SS#.

rg

I understand your point rg, but with a score in the 500's it's just not a matter of dealing with the CRAs. For one reason or another, the scores are in that range. By simply paying someone to 'fix it' means you're destined to repeat the same procedures that got you to that point in the first place.

If this is something they want to do, it's completely up to them, but I encourage people to take charge and learn the process so that 700 score will stay that way for a long time.

You're right cincityplayer, but if they choose to throw their money away, there's not much that can be done about it.

I understand your point rg, but with a score in the 500's it's just not a matter of dealing with the CRAs. For one reason or another, the scores are in that range. By simply paying someone to 'fix it' means you're destined to repeat the same procedures that got you to that point in the first place.

The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it.

John Ruskin

I have come to realize here that even if I could pay one to do what I myself can do, it would last. I never knew there was a mandatory purpose to learn how credit works. Seriously, If I dont clean it up myself using the laws available, educating myself with all of your help, I will be able to not only clean it up, but will be an on going monitoring situation ^_^ Thank you to everyone. I have a way to go but learning is the fun part. I send out letters and go about my life untill green cards return. I dont spend all my life on the computer, I dont need to :)

Ok, folks for the replies. Let me be a little more specific because I do believe my post may have been interpreted the wrong way by a few members.

Here goes,

Most of my credit problems relate to 2002 when I had about 40k on about 4 or 5 credit cards. Have not made a payment since. But my Transunion report says 14k is deliquent. I have alot of good things on my report, but alot of bad. I'll get the other 2 tommorrow. Outside of the credit cards, I have about 3 or 4 small stupid items like Sprint $200, Doctors office, $300, etc. I need to take care of those too.

I am not in a rush, I realize that there is not a quick fix. But I am ready to settle and do whatever it takes. I got to believe with my open checkbook ready to settle and 6 months into it....plus YOUR help, I have to see drastic improvements? Right? Is 700 feasible in 6 months?

I've already started by following the credit repair 101 thats locked at the top. But I realize how much work it is......thats why I started this thread.

My email is public and in the last 5 hours I have rec'd 7 offers to help me out. Some sound legit, some sound very basic. Do YOU think I should pursue these folks to help me out? OR,,,,

When I have all three of my reports in front of me should I just post one item on these boards and get help that way....one item at a time?

More advice needed as to a plan of ACTION....

Also see my post about Chexsystems

NOCAL

There is no guarantee you'll see dramatic improvements in six months – it doesn’t matter if you do it yourself, or have someone do it for you. Most of us have been working on our credit for a year or more – not because we’re not knowledgeable, but because the creditors flat out refuse to negotiate. They are not obligated to, and you have to keep trying until they cave. There is magic way around this, short of finding a major flaw or violation in their reporting, and simply opening the checkbook isn’t going to get the results you want.

If you’re ready to settle, you simply write settlement offers (the same standard letter to all your creditors) and try to get them to delete the negative information for payment. This goes for the smaller ones too, which sound like they are with CA’s. If you don’t want to do this yourself because you’re uncertain how to proceed, there are plenty of sample letters to give you for free. All you have to do is add your account info and send it off.

As far as my other comment, all I was saying is you’ll eventually have to learn how to do this. If something unforeseen happens down the road, you can kiss that 700 goodbye because you won’t know how to head off a similar situation to the one you’re in now.

You can certainly post parts of your credit report if you want, just don’t post certain specific account information (ie: account numbers, your SSN, address, etc). This is a public forum, open for anyone to see.

Kevin wholder wrote

cincityplayer..

YES, DO GET OFF YOUR SOAPBOX!!!! IF you had READ what I wrote you would have SEEN it said H E L P... "someone who will HELP you"..

Please do nto JUMP to conclusions on what someone has posted..

Quote:

sent you a pm.. please contact me.. I can put you in contact with someone who will help you..

Is that really the message we want to send? like Doc said "IT TAKES TIME" so even if he pays someone guess what? IT'S STILL GOING TO TAKE TIME!! AND WITH THAT POST YOU DO NOTHING BUT ENCOURAGE HIM TO WASTE HIS MONEY TO DO SOMETHING HE COULD DO FOR HIMSELF!! The time he spends talking to someone on the phone, going to meet this person is time that could have better been spent working on his on CR(getting off my soap box now) it's just BURNS!! me up when I see people encouraging someone to pay for something they could do for themselves with a little bit of time and energy

Ok, folks for the replies. Let me be a little more specific because I do believe my post may have been interpreted the wrong way by a few members.

Here goes,

Most of my credit problems relate to 2002 when I had about 40k on about 4 or 5 credit cards. Have not made a payment since. But my Transunion report says 14k is deliquent. I have alot of good things on my report, but alot of bad. I'll get the other 2 tommorrow. Outside of the credit cards, I have about 3 or 4 small stupid items like Sprint $200, Doctors office, $300, etc. I need to take care of those too.

I am not in a rush, I realize that there is not a quick fix. But I am ready to settle and do whatever it takes. I got to believe with my open checkbook ready to settle and 6 months into it....plus YOUR help, I have to see drastic improvements? Right? Is 700 feasible in 6 months?

I've already started by following the credit repair 101 thats locked at the top. But I realize how much work it is......thats why I started this thread.

My email is public and in the last 5 hours I have rec'd 7 offers to help me out. Some sound legit, some sound very basic. Do YOU think I should pursue these folks to help me out? OR,,,,

When I have all three of my reports in front of me should I just post one item on these boards and get help that way....one item at a time?

More advice needed as to a plan of ACTION....

Also see my post about Chexsystems

NOCAL

Once you get your reports, review them and then seperate the issues out so they match the forums here: Collections, Credit Repair, etc.

Post single issues at a time. A long rambling post is too difficult to answer on a message board.

Post the issues with as much supporting detail as you can. Things to include in your posts: Are you dealing with a CA or the OC? What communication has transpired up to this point, who the CA or OC is, your best guess as to when the account went delinquent and what violations, if any, you think made have occured.

First things first, once you get your reports, verify that all your personal information is correct; DOB, current address, employer, etc. If there are any problems here, just call up the CRAs and they will usually fix them over the phone.

Also, adding your state (CA?) to your profile under 'location' will help knowing what State laws apply to your situation.

Hope that helps to get you started.

J

Oh and get some file folders. Make one for each CRA and one for each OC/CA. Your going to start your paper trail and this will help keep you organized from the start.

If you have any old CRs, copies of checks, etc. to help support any of your claims, you should pull all that together as well.

Once you get your reports and start the process, you might want to sign up at www.privacyguard.com for monitoring purposes. They have a 2 month trial for $1. Dont do this yeat though, I would wait until about 2 weeks after you send your first letters.

J