Questions...questions...questions

nutzmomof6

Thanks to all that offered to help...hope I don't make you regret it :oops:

Let's start with TransUnion

First, where it says "consumer report for" it lists my maiden name,which I changed 1 year and 5 months ago. This one is probably the best. We start with Capital One Bank...status as of 3/2004 Charged off as bad debt (that can't be good). Balance 875 most owed 187 past due 875

Next is Medclear - status as of 1/2004 - collection account (old medical bill). Balance, most owed and past due are all 249.

Next, Credit Control of Pinellas all showing $75. Status as of 6/03: Collection account

Attention LLC $1070 collection account as of 2/03. This one I am taking care of. This is from when my son was hit by a car. My boss is writing a Letter of Protection against his Personal Injury case. That should take care of that one.

The next one is for Time Warner Communications $466. My damn ex husband was supposed to return the cable box and never did. I'd like to see this one go away...well, I'd like to see all of them go away, LOL.

The last baddie is another medical for 287, status as of 6/01 - collection account.

I know see why it is so important to have health insurance!

The next one is listed under "the following accounts are reported with no adverse information. Must be a store credit card (The Bon-Ton Stores) that I didn't even know I had, LOL.

There's a big list of companies who requested my credit report.

Signature Home (when I applied for a mortage) 3/04

Arrow Financial Services - permissable purpose - collection 2/04

Associated Recovery Systems 8/7/03

NCO5/21/03

ReMax Sunset Realty (credit app I filled out for a home rental) 2/03

GEICO Insurance 1/21/03

NCO Healthcare 8/21/02

DCS 7/26/02

Now if you would have seen my credit report years ago, you would have hit the floor.

The student loan that I paid off about 2 months ago isn't showing up at all.

Included with the credit report was a request for investigation, to tell what you disagree with on your report. Should I be filling this out? List some as not my account? Please bear with me...this is so new to me.

Next Experian

I hate this one. I've been married 4 times and it lists all my names and then some....and then they have them hypenated every which way possible. There are a bunch of addresses listed, many which I've never even lived at. It's lists Potentially negative items listed: Public records 0, accounts with creditors and others 5 accounts in good standing 2

Attention LLC is there, as well as Capital One Bank. Then there's something called Credit Protections Assoc.....I have no clue what that is, but it is for $466 past due as of 9/02 and collection as of 9/02. Next is that yucky Time Warner bill.

Next there is "The Finance Company". I can guarantee this is an old car loan where I gave up the car. It has the following info listed:

Date opened: 4/96, last reported 11/97 Installment/30 months/$0. Credit limit/high balance $2600. Status: Creditor cannot locate individual. 11/19/97 to 11/19/97.

Next is a kaufmann's card. Obviously another I didn't know I had. Date opened 11/86. $0 balance as of 2/04. Status: Open/never late. Also the BonTon is there too, but that status shows: inactive/never late.

Next it lists Kaufmanns and dates from 1/04 bank to 3/02 and just shows a $0 balance by each date.

Then there is the listing of all the places that requested my CR. There's alot more than on TransUnion....at total of 16!!! The next page lists all my names (or not my names) 13 of them and addresses 22 of them!!! A few are duplicates. Like one with list an old address and then it will be listed again with the apartment number. That was done 5 times. And a good 5 of them, I've never lived at! It looks awful, like I'm some person who uses a hundred different names and can't stay in one place.

Now, even stranger stuff. Social security number variations: There are 3 listed that aren't my SS#.

It has the correct date of birth, wrong driver's license number, wrong telephone numbers, wrong spouses first name and wrong employer.

Last one (whew) is Equifax - I finally got this in today's mail:

The name of file is yet another old name: Not my current, or last married name, but the one before that (think I've been married tooooo many times). Has one name listed with an incorrect spelling and has me employed by a place I've never been employed at.

This one (at least for me) is a little more difficult to follow. Page one has that Time Warner debt listed first. Amount 466; status as of 9/02 - unpaid; date of first delinquency 3/02; balance as of 9/02 - $466 and then it lists the account #.

Next is the Capital One debt. High credit $187, balance 875, last activity 12/01. Current status - charge off

Then we have Florida Family Finance. This one has a high credit listed as $5127. I thought this was the same thing as the Finance Company listed on Experian. Dated opened is 4/96 (same date as the Finance Company = so it must be the same thing - but Experian lists it as $2600?? It shows balance amount = $0; scheduled pmt amount $216, last activity 5/97.

Current status - Pays as agreed; type of account - installment; additional information - Account paid/zero balance.

Then the BonTon is listed as good. There's only a couple of inquiries here. That's it...this one is pretty short. It also came with a research request form.

Okay...input, ideas, or just wanna yell at me, my ears are open. I have to try and fix this over the next year. I would like to buy a car and a house but will wait as long as it takes.

Thanks in advance for everyones generousity!

Linda

Linda, here is a suggestion.

You may want to do a cut and paste of this large post and put it into smaller posts. And put some of the posts in the appropriate forums on this board which are more relevant to your questions. That way, you stand the best possible chance of getting most of your questions answered.

With such a huge post, you may not get comments or feedback to all of your questions.

Linda, here is a suggestion.

You may want to do a cut and paste of this large post and put it into smaller posts. And put some of the posts in the appropriate forums on this board which are more relevant to your questions. That way, you stand the best possible chance of getting most of your questions answered.

With such a huge post, you may not get comments or feedback to all of your questions.

Even without the cut and paste to make the post more comprehensible, I can tell you this.......The very very first thing you want to do is dispute all the names, addresses, ss#s with the CRA. If you can get it fixed to where the only thing showing is your name now, your address now, and your correct ssn, then you will have better luck when you go to dispute the other things. If the collectors, creditors cant verify the correct address, it will help with deletions. Just tell them you never lived at any of those addresses. I like to tellthem that those other addresses were investment oir rental properties that I never lived in and no longer owned. Or, you can tell them that the addresses belong to your EX spouses and that you never lived there. Deleting addresses was the easiest part for me.

Next...I noticed that yoiu have some recent inquiries from collection agencies. Be on the lookout for mail from them. It sounds like they are looking at your credit report to see if they want to buy your debts. You will need to stop them in thier tracks with the first letter they send. Watch for communication sfrom CA and let us know about them.

So, I dispute the names and addresses first, yes? I do this separate from disputing the Tradeline? I assume that I dispute by letter to all the Credit Reporting Agencies. I really want to do this the right way.

I would get the names and addresses fixed before I started anything else. It will be easier to get the baddies off if they can't figure out who you were...or where you lived. I failed to do this when I started, and I am pretty sure that I still have baddies because they were able to update verify who I was before I got the old addresses off. I wish someone had told me to dispute names and addresses first.......