Very Bizarre.. Can't Find Evidence of OC claimed by CA

deseyer

I've been posting about this debt validation for a medical bill that is on my CR .. it says $200.

I got the letter back, some have seen it. The office manager is basically telling me that it is from Bakersfield Family Medical Group in her letter. I got a printout with it that has my name, my daughter's name, a payment listed and resulting balance, with a code and description of the treatment.

There is nothing on the printout that says what company printed it out. It's an old printout too.. 11/2000.

Now I've been looking for Bakersfield Family Medical Group... can't find it anywhere... no addresses .. just a couple of old references to it on the web... I can't even find it in the phone book.

This is very weird.. Do you think I can get this totally deleted based on lack of evidence?

Is there anything out there that would actually point out to them that the burden of proof is on them? What can I add to indicate that they are "grossly incorrect"?

Des

A computer printout off their screen is not proper validation. Write them and tell them you request validation from the creditor, including the address.

§ 809. Validation of debts [15 USC 1692g]

(B) If the consumer notifies the debt collector in writing within the thirty-day period described in subsection (a) that the debt, or any portion thereof, is disputed, or that the consumer requests the name and address of the original creditor, the debt collector shall cease collection of the debt, or any disputed portion thereof, until the debt collector obtains verification of the debt or any copy of a judgment, or the name and address of the original creditor, and a copy of such verification or judgment, or name and address of the original creditor, is mailed to the consumer by the debt collector.