dv letter-cable bill

Hey guys, i was wondering how to handle this situation i have with a cable company. I pulled pg report earlier this week and found a cable compnay has put a $411 bill on my tu report. If i'm not mistaken this creditor was listed in my bk. i know i lisedted the creditor for a bill of $70 that i had in 02. they say i owe a bill from 98 and 2002. not certain on what to do with this. should i dispute online with tu "not mine" then send a dv letter to oc or just sent a letter informing them that they are trying to collect on a debt that's been discharged etc. oc told me that i needed to send them a list of creditors that were incl in my bk, b/c they didn't recieve a notice. not really knowing where to go with this. Reason it bothers me is b/c i'm in the middle of trying to get another lender to take my loan and don't want to alert anything. Needing to know how to proceed with this w/out rasing a falg to the lenders etc. Need advice asap!!! need to know where to send dv, not mine, or intent to file suit letter due to bk

Creditor has never contacted me about debt, just popped up on tu report this week.

Thanks In Advance.

You cannot DV an original creditor. The FDCPA only pertains to debt collectors.

However, you can still shoot a letter to the creditor about this "purported" debt and ask for the following:

• Copies of a signed contract or an instrument bearing my signature.

• Documentation verifying that I did in fact have an outstanding balance from this account.

• An explanation on how a calculation was made on what I purportedly owed.

• An explanation of the procedures used to inform me of such an outstanding balance.

Just don't cite the FDCPA or debt validation. Send it CMRRR and then see what happens. If they cannot fulfill any of those requests, then keep at it by CMRRR every 30 days. What they send you in a response may be gold.

In the meantime, you can dispute with the CRAs about the credit item.

Cool.. will do. what about if it was incl. in my bk. can i just send them a letter: Notification of Pending law suit? letting them know that they have reported something to my report that was incl. in my bk? Do you think this will affect anything with the lenders for my loan if it shows in dispute?

Cool.. will do. what about if it was incl. in my bk. can i just send them a letter: Notification of Pending law suit? letting them know that they have reported something to my report that was incl. in my bk? Do you think this will affect anything with the lenders for my loan if it shows in dispute?

You would probably have to ask the people in the Bankruptcy forum about that. There are plenty of folks there who have been in the exact situation you are in with the bankruptcy.