GOOD TL REMOVED!!! WHAT THE @#$%

jendev123

Recently disputed old student loan... On experian it was a good TL... On Trans Union it was a paid collection. Only disputed with TU... NOW! TU deleted :) But can someone tell me... Why in the heck did Experian delete :shock: I wasn't disputing that TL with experian... ONLY trans union! :evil: Is their anyway to get this tradeline re-listed back on experian... without opening a can of worms!

Something similar happened to me.

I intended to dispute a recent account for Wells Fargo Financial on EX. I have too many recent new accounts and too many finance companies so I wanted them removed. I had inadvertently put the accunt number for a Lowes account which was a good credit item.

Even though everything ELSE on that dispute said Wells Fargo Financial, EX went ahead and investigated Lowes instead.

That has happened to me before. Any slight mistake on my part and they go investigating another account.

If it does get deleted, you will have to call up that outfit and find the right person of the right department to talk to and ask them to do a Bulls Eye which is only for EX. Naturally they are going to want to update all three CRAs but only insist that they do a Bulls Eye only.

The Bulls Eye itself may get that bad information back on.

So yes, you may open up a can of worms.

I am mad at myself for my own slight mistake and I hope that Lowes does not get removed because it will be a hassle to get it back on. Something else I realized. If it was so easy for me to make a simple mistake on my dispute, I imagine it must be a heck of lot easier for the CRAs to make a lot more "easy" mistakes when they do our disputes...

I rehabilitated a student loan about two years ago by consolidating with US Dept. Educ. Direct Loan and paying on time for about 18 months.

After this, EQ had all but one of my GA Student Finance Commission (GSFC) accounts reporting "pays as agreed". On the one account, there was still a >120 past due/collection account notation, so I contacted GSFC by phone and asked if they would report the results of the rehab to EQ (thinking, of course, that they would simply correct the single negative).

They agreed, and shortly thereafter, got a letter from GSFC (that was sent to EQ, EX, TU and IN) stating:

"The above-referenced debtor has completed ... rehabilitation program...

"Loan rehabilitation reverses the default status of the debt and entitles the debtor to removal of the default from the credit file. Please remove all credit reporting by GHEAC reflected on [debtor]'s credit file." [emphasis supplied]

I was stunned by this request, as the two-year "pays as agreed" seemed to be a boon to my FICO, and I was afraid EQ would simply delete everything, as requested.

Fortunately, though, EQ kept all of my positives and simply changed the status of my single negative to "pays as agreed".

I have not yet seen the results on EX, TU, or IN.

Could it be that your positives were simply deleted because of a letter such as this?

Recently disputed old student loan... On experian it was a good TL... On Trans Union it was a paid collection. Only disputed with TU... NOW! TU deleted :) But can someone tell me... Why in the heck did Experian delete :shock: I wasn't disputing that TL with experian... ONLY trans union! :evil: Is their anyway to get this tradeline re-listed back on experian... without opening a can of worms!

Under the FCRA amendments in 1996 (date?) the CRAs were supposed to start communicating changes with each other so that all 3 reports had the same info on it. Seems you are the victim of the CRAs doing what they are supposed to do, but which they do selectively to the consumer's disadvantage.

Did you know TU and Experian used to operate collection agencies themselves? I don't know if they still do, but I've seen a lot of case-law where they were in the 70's-80's. I think there is a little conflict of interest there.

I'm not gonna take any chances to dispute to re-instate... I'll just have to suck it up... By the way, trans union also deleted over 10 Inquiries as well when I only disputed 4 :) ... But took a hard hit from experian because my credit score dropped 39 points from their stupid mistake... what the @#$% :(