The same account is listed twice????

NoCal

On my TU report I have one MBNA account that is listed twice. I haven't made a payment in over two years. The differences are here....this is EXACTLY what it says on both items...

High Balance : 11,313

Condition : Closed

Remarks : Account closed by consumer

Again same account...

High Balance : 11,598

Condition: Closed (paid)

Remarks: Charged off as bad debt. Account closed by consumer

Same acct but diff notes, should this be only one item on my report? Is it hurting my score more because the account is listed twice?

What should I do?

Anything that is charged off or has negative remarks does not help your credit score.

You need to get that corrected or removed.

Charge offs is something you need to get removed right away.

Late payment history is a different story because by trying to removing one portion of a credit item, you may end up getting the entire thing removed.

EQ has removed late payments and given me an R1 rating while TU is trigger happy to delete everything about a positive account.

Anything that is charged off or has negative remarks does not help your credit score.

You need to get that corrected or removed.

Charge offs is something you need to get removed right away.

Late payment history is a different story because by trying to removing one portion of a credit item, you may end up getting the entire thing removed.

EQ has removed late payments and given me an R1 rating while TU is trigger happy to delete everything about a positive account.

Nice Rav-but you didnt answer the question.

How does one get these dupes sorted out?

My first attempt would be to dispute with CRA as a duplicate account.

But thats just me...

Its at least something and from what I know-doesnt compromise the account holder in any legal way. Anyone can dispute anything at any time.

J

Same acct but diff notes, should this be only one item on my report? Is it hurting my score more because the account is listed twice?

J_snow, that IS the question.

This poster asked if this was hurting his score.

ANY bad credit information hurts your score regardless if it is a duplicate or if it is written nicely. It doesn't matter how it got there, it is still hurting his score and has to be removed.

However, removing a late payment runs the risk of removing the entire trade line. That is a very important risk to consider if such a dispute is worth it.

J_snow, that IS the question.

This poster asked if this was hurting his score.

ANY bad credit information hurts your score regardless if it is a duplicate or if it is written nicely. It doesn't matter how it got there, it is still hurting his score and has to be removed.

However, removing a late payment runs the risk of removing the entire trade line. That is a very important risk to consider if such a dispute is worth it.

I'm still confused. They are both the same acct....Do I try to get them both off my report at the same time? Is the one that is closed, but "120 days late" a positive to have?

Sorry, I still don't know EXACTLY how I should handle this. Could someone pls spell it out ABC 123 for me? I'm very green at this point.

Heres the question-How does the OP get the duplicate tradelines merged so that it is only shown once? I think we all know that its hurting the score. I'm looking for the answer here too.

In my experience these have sorted themselves out-and I would think a call to the CRA should do it. But I was looking for other suggestions as well, not just a reiteration that the negative tradeline is hurting the score.

Thanks.

J

On my TU report I have one MBNA account that is listed twice. I haven't made a payment in over two years. The differences are here....this is EXACTLY what it says on both items...

High Balance : 11,313

Condition : Closed

Remarks : Account closed by consumer

Again same account...

High Balance : 11,598

Condition: Closed (paid)

Remarks: Charged off as bad debt. Account closed by consumer

What should I do?

Same here, I have an NCO collection from 1998, SOL runs out in 5 months but it is listed twice. 2 different amounts, and acct numbers because NCO must have forgotten they already had taken over the account in 1998 then again in 2000? I just DV'd them and mentioned that they are listing it 2 times which is worse than listing it only once. Trus ANY negative is a bad thing, but to have duplicates makes it look like your credit is worse than it actually is.

Jenn