ITS letter...too commonplace to work???

ceowens

I think it is basically that you have to intend to go through with a suit if you use the ITS. So many people threaten to sue and then don't, that is has become like the boy who cried, "Wolf!" The companies see a letter that says, "Fix this or I am going to sue your a$$," and they go, "Yeah, right," and round file it.

I read on another board that ITS letters rarely work anymore because everybody is sending them these days. Have I just wasted alot of time and $12 sending them out? Thoughts? Experiences?

An ITS letter is part of the process and should not be skipped. If you do not send an ITS letter, you claim in court may be thrown out because you did not give them the opportunity to settle the matter without court intervention.

True many recipients ignore the ITS letters, but that only means you have evidence to a judge that they don't want to settle the matter amicably.