Disputing Capital One?

nutzmomof6

Cap1 is usually a pain in the butt...I've only heard of maybe a couple people getting rid of these suckers by dispute.

If the CO is unpaid and within SOL, I wouldn't mess with it just yet. They are quick to get judgments, no matter the amount. I think I read one getting sued for a little over $300. I have a judgment for about $2000 from them.

They're turds. If it's either paid or out of SOL, go for it. Can't hurt to try. :D

The funny thing about Crap One is that they are big into form letters.

Like, I was disputing an inquiry from them and in each letter I wrote them I told them that I do not currently have an account with them nor have I ever had an account with them.

Each letter they sent me was with a request for my account number.

The last letter I sent them, I asked them if they have a problem understanding the English language. If so, then maybe a judge can help them better comprehend the meaning of my letter.

:roll: i am in the process of writing a dispute letter, not sure if i shoud warn them first or just press charges. My husband lost his job a few months ago, CO called demanding full amount we said we couldnt pay right now, they told my husband he wasnt a real man and he needed to put a responsible adult on the phone, i got the phone and asked for the name and he refused to give it to me, then he stated to me that my husband needed to get off his a%*! and go get another job.

do you think this counts for harrassment charges?

From what I've heard, and from experience (total of 4 TL's), TU deletes the CrapOne Tradeline if you dispute the credit limit.

For EX and EQ, don't know, still working on those.

I noticed that IF you go to CO status, the later settle, C1 will change you from a R9 to R5, which itself is a voilation of some sort, because they already wrote it off as a loss, then recouped extra funds, by way of a settlement. I have a copy of my credit files (I have them as far back as 98), and on it, I have one that is listing it as CO, but as of last month, it is listed as a 120, and only being 90 3 times, which if "falsifying credit info".

I know this is risky, but if i DEMAND deletion, they might bark, because I have proof it was a previous CO, and they are falsifying thier books. With the way corperate scandals are coming about, this might be enough to where they will just wipe my files clean of them.....................Think I got a shot at it? Also, I need a name and address of some bigshot there I can send this info to, and send it registered mail, and restrict delivery for that person, and that person only.

:roll: i am in the process of writing a dispute letter, not sure if i shoud warn them first or just press charges. My husband lost his job a few months ago, CO called demanding full amount we said we couldnt pay right now, they told my husband he wasnt a real man and he needed to put a responsible adult on the phone, i got the phone and asked for the name and he refused to give it to me, then he stated to me that my husband needed to get off his a%*! and go get another job.

do you think this counts for harrassment charges?

That sounds like harrassment to me.....did you happen to write down dates times and names when you spoke to them...............the phone records could be traced easier if you did this. Also, it should be notated to you account whenever you call about it, but I also know some companies do not do this.

I took a cut/paste of that letter waxworks... I'd love to see a case where the IRS went after an OC for this....<salivating>

I am beginning to wonder if this will also wrok for CO accounts, that were later settled, and reflecting still reflecting as settled COs, AND those accounts that were COs and later sold, then settled.:twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

Also, I am moving the upper post to a new topic, JUST in case...........