CROSS COUNTRY RESPOND BACK AFTER DV NEED SOME ADVICE

There's no need for them to manage your account any more since it's been sold. This includes reporting it to the CRAs - from what I understand, they gave up that right when they sold the debt in its entirety to their assignee, OSI.

You should make Cross Country aware of this. I would think that disputing it through the CRAs will get you an updated response such as "closed. Sold / transferred" and you'll be stuck with the negative and lose ground for disputing it again.

If you tell CC that they no longer own the account, they can longer manage the information in their database. Once it's purged from their database, you can dispute it since there's no way they can now verify it.

If you tell CC that they no longer own the account, they can longer manage the information in their database. Once it's purged from their database, you can dispute it since there's no way they can now verify it.

How long before the info starts to "purge" once it has been sold?. USUALLY??????

Needed this info, cool :D

I was about to ask CC to update their records on my CR. Found this post just in the nick of time, Phew! :p

Waxworks,

I don't know how long it will take to purge their records but I suspect they will mention it in their response letter to ya. Shouldn't be too long i don't think, crossing my fingers

• 1 month later...

Sent CC an offer-to-settle letter. They responded saying the account has been sold to OSI. Yet the Account states that it is open and under collection. I'm going to try one more time to let them correct it. I'm also going to send the CRAs a letter saying information is inaccurate and see what happens with it. :?