Warning about Experian Credit Manager service

I enrolled in the free 30-day trial of Credit Manager with Experian. (at the end of 30 days you pay about $89.00 for continued "full membership")

The website advertised "unlimited credit report access". However, when I began to pull my daily credit reports, I found they are charging ~$14.95-a-pop for the scores.

I complained by e-mail and was told "you only get one free Experian report with score during the trial membership".

Their websites says something completely opposite.

https://www.creditexpert.com/ce_site/Message.aspx

Not sure yet how I'm going to handle this one ... but be advised of this scam.

There is a second problem with this service as well. I am signed up for the Gold membership, but now when I try to get a new report, it tells me that I have to pay $12.95 for it, even though I'm supposed to get unlimited reports. I thought maybe my subscription had run out, so I tried to renew it, and it said I already had a subscription and it wouldn't let me renew! I've emailed them but haven't heard back. It's not right!

• 3 weeks later...

Why not just get "free" Experian credit reports???

I check my mail about once a week and my private mailbox is always stuffed with free credit reports directly from Experian.

And the cool thing about Experian is that a Report Number from their credit report can be used online and is valid for like sixty days or so.

And since I am always getting "free" Report Numbers, I can check my Experian credit report about ANYTIME I want to.

I haven't paid a dime in years to Experian and I enjoy checking my credit report online ANYTIME I want to for absolutely free.