Disputing online?

jethro

Hello everyone-

Thanks to all who post on this board as i have learned a lot in a very short time. I have been running from all this debt for so long and it has made me feel like kaka. I feel very empowered facing up to it now, thanks to the info and support supplied on this board. :D:lol::o

I have just gotten my reports from the three bureaus and was going to start disputing via certified mail, but found out i could dispute online. I went ahead and did this for the convience factor and money saved on certified letters, but wonder if it is as effective as a certified letter. Anyone have an opinion? :?: Was thinking that it might hurt as i do not have green cards as proof and evidence if i ever wanted to challenge the bureau in a legal context.

Also preparing to send validation letter to CA's. Most of my collections have not past the SOL. Do i risk receiving a summons if i DV all these CA's when the SOL is not up?

I've done online disputes with EQ and EX. I just made sure that I printed everthing. Like on EX it will show items that are in dispute. And EQ will give you a confirmation # and if you go back to check will tell you the date that the results are due, so if you print everthing it should be admissable in court. Just my opinion. I decided to do my first round online because that's how I do everything and I dont have the patience to wait on snail mail. I think it's about as effective as doing it through the mail.

I've done both, and I prefer snail mail. It is more expensive, but it is also easier to get the time limited violations. (such as the time limit of 5 buisness days to get the results back to you, and the 15 days for the investigation procedures)

If your short on time, dispute online. If your trying to rack up violations for use in court, then snail mail. IMHO

I've done both. Online then sent a letter the same day incorporating the confirmation numbers from the online dispute into my letter. It makes feel 'real' to have sent them a letter snail mail. Plus, its absolute proof. I mean, the USPS doesnt lie right?

J

I've tried it once or twice. I already had my mortgage, so I figured it couldn't hurt. I'm not looking to rack up any violations either, so I said WTH.

Actually had luck with it.

TU deleted an almost 7-year old CO about 8 months early.

EQ (bless their hearts) didn't delete the OLD BK 13 I requested, but changed a "CO/Profit Loss Writeoff" to "closed by consumer". In the "bonus round" they deleted 3 paid/released tax liens that I did NOT EVEN DISPUTE! Gotta love 'em!

Just sent off an online TU round yesterday for inquiries and old tax liens.

We shall see.