Pilot Financial and General Help, PLEASE

ccynann

I don't even know where to begin here. I'm a 41 year old single woman who has screwed up her financial life so badly that I don't know where to start. The immediate two problems are, 1) My wages have been garnished for a car accident that I don't even remember having. I've never been served any papers on this - a sheriff showed up at my office and gave our CFO the garnishment. I've now missed a final court date because I'm scared out of my wits. I guess I'm at the point of just letting the garnishment get paid - it should end in August. 2) There is a man at a company called Pilot Financial in Nebraska who calls me at work about owing them over $9000. They bought a credit card debt I had at least 5 years ago with Saks. The first time he called me was at my office. I asked him to not do that but he continued. I finally wrote a letter to the company complaining about him and said I would pay them $50 a month until the debt was paid. I also said I needed to see the legal documentation showing me that I do, in fact, owe them this money. I did that because the man who kept harrassing me told me he could provide legal papers showing me I did, in fact, owe the debt. I never got the papers so I never started paying the $50 a month. I had two other phone calls from other gentlemen at Pilot. They were much nicer and when I explained the situation, they said that yes, I was indeed entitled to see the paperwork and they would send it to me. Again, nothing ever came. About a month ago, I received another very nasty letter from the first man telling me I was going to be legally served at my office for not keeping my payment arrangements. I ignored the letter. He just called me in my office, again. He yells at me on the phone, threatens to ruin my life and has told me he did send the legal papers and that he believes I've selectively ignored them. I'm scared to death. Is someone going to come and take me to jail? Please help me.

This has got to be one of the worst comedy of errors I've ever heard! That make movies in Hollywood about this kind of stuff. In regards to the auto accident, contact a lawyer. You should then ask about filing a police report for ID theft. Next, send the Saks collector a debt validation letter. Select the version you like. Normally jail is not a consideration, but the auto accident may be a statutory issue. Are you SURE this is a true story?

1) Scared out of your wits because you got sued and are paying for an accident you didn't know you had???? And you're just going to let people you don't even know take your money??? Huh??? What company is garnishing your wages?

2) Pilot Financial Services Co

1569 Washington St

Blair, NE 68008

(402)426-9666

You're going to file a complaint with the Attorney General in Nebraska against this company. I'll put together a sample letter to help guide you.

You should also visit the courthouse and figure out how you were supposedly served in the auto accident case (it might also be interesting to learn a bit more about the accident). The garnishment papers should have a case number on them.