Three strikes they are out! What's my next step?

schellmis63

Why do CA's completely ingnore your request for DV? They know what you are after but completely ignore you

I got a third verification letter in the mail today. Blatt, Hasenmiller and who ever that other person is. What do I do now?

1. letter, Collection letter giving me 30 days.

I fired off a DV letter,

2. They responded with a verification letter, giving me 10 days to respond

3. I responded back with the second DV letter, informing them that it was

not enough (requesting validation again giving them 30 days)

4. It's been since Feb that I had heard from them. Now they send me a

the second letter again this time with a freaking statement from Midland

just their verification information. Now again giving me the 10 days to

respond.

Now where do I go from here? I was going to dispute the CRA's but I think that I should do something else,, any suggestions

Sorry about that. Yes, your complaint will be against them for pursuing collection activity without providing proper validation.

§ 809. Validation of debts [15 USC 1692g]

(B) If the consumer notifies the debt collector in writing within the thirty-day period described in subsection (a) that the debt, or any portion thereof, is disputed, or that the consumer requests the name and address of the original creditor, the debt collector shall cease collection of the debt, or any disputed portion thereof, until the debt collector obtains verification of the debt or any copy of a judgment, or the name and address of the original creditor, and a copy of such verification or judgment, or name and address of the original creditor, is mailed to the consumer by the debt collector.

They did verify the debt with the information stated in the FDCPA, but they did not send the requested validation: my signature, statements from the OC nor anyinformation from Midland. I requested this in my second letter. So that is still not validating? The copy of the FDCPA that you had mentioned describes what they sent me.

Also I am at the stage now where I should dispute not mine on the CRA?

Also dispute the OC and the the Debt collector?

I am so confused and I really wish I had a lot of knowledge, let me understand this and please fill in the gaps

Now when you send them letter of validation, they have to send you the original OC, the CA and addresses and such

now what they send me is

the name of the OC and the CA and the amount owed the date that the CA bought the collection account the interest ... the basic validation letter, and yes, the original account number, Now, they do or do not have to send me anything more than that? I did request more information and they failed.. so now they send me another letter with the same information

this is considered a violation?

Man, I need a course in collection 101

Dispute with the CRAs as 'Not Mine'. (you should have done this as soon as you sent the first DV to the CA, but no sense lamenting over that now) If they respond and say that the account has been verified without the CA noting that it's in dispute, you have the CA on a violation.

I think they are required to send you more documents proving that you owe the debt, but I'm not too sure so I'll let someone else answer that part.

You don't DV the OC, just the CA. In their responses to you, exactly what is it they're telling you you have 10 days to do?

It says

Please review carefully and advise us without delay if you dispute this debt or have nay further questions. It is our intention to resume with collection activity if we do not hear from you within the next 10 days with either a proposal for voluntary payment or detailed information regarding any possible dispute

Now, again this is my second letter back with them with verification. They sent me only a statement with what the CA information, when they bought the debt the amount and the original account number

Now I have never DV'd the CA but the CA attorney,, and it says that it's in dispute the CA, so get a DV letter out to the original CA, not the CA attorney,, I get it,, I think that I am catching on,, since the Attorney is collecting for the CA, the CA sent the information that they had,, now, I should DV the CA, and they will have to send me what they have from the orginal OC? Am I on the right track?