Bumpage results

missdivantx

To my surprise, bumpage is working. :D I started pulling my report daily from Privacyguard on March 17 and as of today I counted 8 inquiries that have fallen off. The older ones are falling off first. 7 from Equifax and 1 from TransUnion. I'm a bit worried about a split file so I'm curious if anyone has had problems with it and how long did it take for your file to split.

I also noticed my score has shot up 40 points since I started. I'm don't know if this is because of the inquiries or not but I can't figure out what else it could be.

Thats great.. I am working on getting my inquiries bumped as well. I have heard of the split file thing but I havent experienced that myself.

I have more inquries on TU than equifax and I only have 1 on experian.

I am not certian but I have heard you can use eqifax gold to help bumpage also..

To my surprise, bumpage is working. :D I started pulling my report daily from Privacyguard on March 17 and as of today I counted 8 inquiries that have fallen off. Then it stands to reason, that the post somewhere here I read that there are 250 spaces for inquiries must be false? Someone said it takes forever for Bumpage because the agencies have that many spaces for inq'sThe older ones are falling off first. 7 from Equifax and 1 from TransUnion. I'm a bit worried about a split file so I'm curious if anyone has had problems with it and how long did it take for your file to split.

I also noticed my score has shot up 40 points since I started. I'm don't know if this is because of the inquiries or not but I can't figure out what else it could be.

J_Snow, have you tried calling up EQ and disputing the INQs? I called them and had them take off 5 INQS. The lady said it would take 21-30 days to investigate but they were off my cr by the end of the day.

Well, they are valid inqs from our move last year so they are going to be gone by the end of summer anyway... I can wait...

B doesn't work with EX. And lately, EQ has turned a new trick and has started deleting the soft inqs instead of hards so it's harder for them to pile up. It still works, I think, but not as easily for some. I haven't had B on EQ in a couple months now.

My TU is down to 1 though. :D

You can normally call up EQ and say you don't recognize them and they'll delete (usually, as long as you don't have a tradeline that opened the same day as the inq). Bad thing is, people like me who have to go through CSC instead of EQ. CSC has decided against removing inqs for ANY reason now. :roll: It never ends with those turds.

As far as I can tell, inquiries only factor into your score (and are only shown to creditors) for one year. I either read this in the FCRA, in an article here, or somehwere - I forget. They remain on your report visible by you the consumer for 2 years, because they appear for 2 years for employment purposes (why that would even be helpful to an employer, I have no idea). Can somebody confirm this? Inquiries older than a year aren't hurting you when you apply for credit, because they're neither seen nor factored into your score...?

Quick question...I am doing the PG thing for bumpage, am I supposed to be seeing the inqs fall off of the PG reports or do I have to then go check my individula reports?

Because nothing is coming off on PG...What gives?

You will see them fall off on PG. It takes some people alot longer than others. I had 1 drop off of EQ about 2 weeks ago but have 7 more that haven't moved at all. It just depends!!

Good luck!

paw67

I cut and paste this from another thread in another forum:

Very careful on bumpage with the soft inquiries - often this will result in a mixed or split file with Equifax, meaning that too much data is on file to be contained within one credit report - resulting in two credit reports with two credit scores. This can be quite a mess to fix once split... and it would also mean not using the monitoring service until Equifax could fix the problem.

Bumpage can result in good tradelines being bumped and not just inquiries. And if it was an account in which the business since dropped out of the tape system, or worse the company went out of business - then there is going to be about no way to get these accounts added back onto the credit report.

Another thing - just because a file splits does not mean you have an advantage over the creditors - they still pull both credit reports & scores, this can usually have a negative affect depending on how they are going to deal with the dual credit scores pulled. Suppose to add both and divide by two, but that is not to say they will.

Any second opinions on bumpage?

I got 4 off today on EQ. Score went up 5 points. :D

I heard that TU usually works in cycles if you pull once a day. Someone said that he gets *b* with exactly every 40 pulls. His GF got it with every 48 pulls. Sounds like there's a method to the madness somehow. I only have 2 left on TU...one is only about a couple weeks old - the other is an insurance pull, which are coded to not bump like the others.

I have ALSO recently heard that Experian has updated or reorganized their system somehow and *b* has started working there too!! I have yet to see any personally, but some people on CB are reporting it a lot lately. Keep an eye out for that and post it here if it happens.

I'm watching like a hawk!!

Bad thing is, people like me who have to go through CSC instead of EQ

I was wondering about this. I ordered my credit report from EQ because Circuit City's Visa rejected me and got a report from CSC instead. Who the heck are they and how are they related to EQ?

EQ won't let me see their FICO score because they say I have a mortgage (which I don't. I've never owned a house in my life). I'm looking at my report from this CSC and don't see anything on it referring to a mortgage. It only lists the same TL's shown by EX and TU.

I was wondering about this. I ordered my credit report from EQ because Circuit City's Visa rejected me and got a report from CSC instead. Who the heck are they and how are they related to EQ?

You're one of the unlucky ones like me who have to deal with them. They're almost as bad as Experian - just more stupid.

They're just an affiliate of EQ who handles your account. I think they do most of the midwest accounts. I believe every company has their own affiliates, depending on what region you're in. I get results of disputes from "Credit Bureau Services of Oklahoma City" based out of New York. :? But I send disputes directly to TU....so I dunno.

Just dispute with CSC to make it faster...you can do it online (www.csccredit.com) or through the mail (CSC Credit Services...PO Box 981223....El Paso, TX 79998 ). They hardly ever do their jobs and they're as stubborn as EX, so it's a fun ride to say the least. :roll: But keep after them. If you have too many problems, tattle on them to EQ - it seems to work. lol

• 1 month later...
What is bumpage??

Hi Mimi.

Best thing to do is click on the "search" tab above and search for the bumpage threads. There's quite a bit to it, and it may serve you better if you read over them at your leisure and ask any questions from there.

Welcome aboard!