good tradelines now missing

I have a copy of my Equifax report from February 2004 and it had 2 positive paid off tradelines (both cars loans) that were on my report back in February but on a copy of my report dated March 26, 2004 both of those tradelines are not on that report.......why are they missing? I thought positive tradelines stayed on your report. What can I do to have these put back on my credit report? Thanks in advance for your help! Working towards buying a house the end of summer beginning of fall.....cross your fingers!

A split file is when you have 2 files. This can be caused by to many inquiries, a large amount of TLs, possibley to many old names and addresses, and I think sometimes for no apparent reason. They should be able to tell you when you call if there is a split file. They may try to tell you the subcriber told them to pull the info which is of course ridiculous. If its split they can recombine it. If you get an unhelpful CSR try again until you get someone to resolve the issue.

A split file is when you have 2 files. This can be caused by to many inquiries, a large amount of TLs, possibley to many old names and addresses, and I think sometimes for no apparent reason. They should be able to tell you when you call if there is a split file. They may try to tell you the subcriber told them to pull the info which is of course ridiculous. If its split they can recombine it. If you get an unhelpful CSR try again until you get someone to resolve the issue.

Come tot hink of it, I should try it with EQ. I got some "missing" filesgrrrrrrrrrrrrr xSteaminx

I have a copy of my Equifax report from February 2004 and it had 2 positive paid off tradelines (both cars loans) that were on my report back in February but on a copy of my report dated March 26, 2004 both of those tradelines are not on that report.......why are they missing? I thought positive tradelines stayed on your report. What can I do to have these put back on my credit report? Thanks in advance for your help! Working towards buying a house the end of summer beginning of fall.....cross your fingers!

Don't panic. EQFX is having computer problems. I got my report last week and had 20 TLs gone! :shock: I called them (freaking out) and the CSR said that a ton of reports had gone out that way that particular week. Your report is probably one of them. They sent me a new report for free. I got it today....they are all there.....even my collection accts. :twisted: