Medical debt not reporting...YET

sonofred

Hello All,

I have a medical bill from 2001 for about $225 that is not reporting.

I do have a collection letter, also from 2001, from a collection agency.

I want to pay this before somebody reports it, but if I pay the OC, how can I be sure they don't report as "paid - collection" or other such nonsense?

I have the address, my original copy of the bill, etc.

I have noticed since I started pulling my reports (PG), a couple inquiries that I don't recognize, & my caller ID showed a couple calls from a company with the same name, but no dun letters (it's been about 3 weeks).

If this is someone monitoring activity on my report or just trolling, I think it may be for this debt & I want to "cut 'em off at the pass."

Anybody got a letter for this situation?

Thanks

To Whom It May Concern:

It has come to my attention that there is an outstanding balance of $225.00 owed you for services provided on xx-xx-xxxx. It was my belief that my insurance provider covered this charge. Given the confusing nature of medical billing, oversights and miscalculations are inherent. For those of us who are not accustomed to such procedures on a daily basis, I am sure you can appreciate the incomprehension that is often involved in these matters.

I will be requesting a description of coverage from my insurance provider in this matter, and would appreciate any information you show to be forwarded to me. Should it be discovered that this is not a covered service, I request that you forward to me an agreement that any outsourced collection activity will be recalled. I will immediately forward to you payment in full in the timeframe you request.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter. I appreciate your timely response.