Is this a bad acount? Really not mine, but...

legend

Is this considered a bad account? I have never had a Conseco account of any kind, and it is only reporting on Equifax. I have no clue what it is except I know for a fact this is the only account on all my bureaus that never belonged to me. Should I leave it alone? or is it bad to be here as inactive? I'm bugged out on this one ^_^

609750070000XXXX

Acct Type: N/A

Acct Status: Open

Monthly Payment: $0

Date Open: N/A

Balance: $0

Terms: N/A

High Balance: $0

Limit: N/A

Past Due: $0

Remarks: CHARGE

ACCOUNT IS INACTIVE

Payment Status: ACCOUNT IS INACTIVE

Is this considered a bad account? I have never had a Conseco account of any kind, and it is only reporting on Equifax. I have no clue what it is except I know for a fact this is the only account on all my bureaus that never belonged to me. Should I leave it alone? or is it bad to be here as inactive? I'm bugged out on this one ^_^

609750070000XXXX

Acct Type: N/A

Acct Status: Open

Monthly Payment: $0

Date Open: N/A

Balance: $0

Terms: N/A

High Balance: $0

Limit: N/A

Past Due: $0

Remarks: CHARGE

ACCOUNT IS INACTIVE

Payment Status: ACCOUNT IS INACTIVE

If its not yours-I'd get it gone. Remember too that this may have been an account with a different company that Conseco aquired before their BK. At least I think I remember reading that they filed BK.

Without any dates, its hard to tell if its impacting your scores. And that remark of CHARGE looks to me like CHARGE OFF and somebody didnt put the OFF in there... I'd dispute it-jmo

J

Thankies Snow, I have everything accounted for on all 3 bureaus, which is the only reason I know this wasnt an old account under a different name. Unfortunately I havent had many accounts for credit in the past, but the ones I did have are badies :(

This looks like an unrated account...

You may want to get on the horn with EQ and specifically ask them about. Some reps are more helpful and knowledgable than others so you may want to call at least three times.

I had a paid off installment loan that I made every payment on time and I was never late. In fact, I paid it off early. But just like your trade line, it had ZEROS all over the place.

I called up TU and the first rep couldn't tell me anything. The next two phone calls to TU, both reps told me out right that was an unrated account with no account history and absolutely nothing attached to it.

My next step was to get a hold of my credit union and to update that information and give it some credit history.

Regardless of the outcome, you may still want to get rid of that account but getting on the horn and finding out what the true situation is will determine the urgency of this trade line...