Lawsuit for violations of RICO Act?

southland2003

Has anyone here sued, or considered suits, or know of any suits and/or case law pertaining to and/or preventing such suits for continuing criminal enterprise, e.g. wire fraud, mail fraud, extortion, theft, etc., under the Racketeering Corrupt Organizations Act, against original creditors, collection agencies, and/or collection attorneys?

southland2003.

I don't think you are going to have much to sue under the that specific act. Even though RICO in a sense is a broad based act with a wide definition of claims and violations, it's not going to be specific enough for debt and credit purposes.

I think it's much wiser to produce violations in reference to the correct law so judges don't question the damages.

I have a lawyer acquaintance who sued a major photocopier company using RICO. It was the sort of situation where something was represented about a copier lease account he felt was fraudulent.

He used phone calls (wire fraud) as the predicate acts. Was successful in getting a settlement from the photocopier people. (Scared the living daylights out of them is what it did.)

Used it myself once to sue a bail bondsman who had jacked my son around. Wireless fraud and misrepresenting oneelf as a law enforcement officer were the predicate acts. Got immediate results.

I would have no qualms whatsoever in using it on a CA if I had the appropriate factual circumstance. It's a lovely tool in the right hands.

will post it here too, okay ;)

Two enterprises acting in concert with each other is a requirement for a RICO claim. It may be a single "group," for example a mob family laundering money thru a restaurant.

A creditor and a CA operating together = satisfies RICO in that respect

A single entity representing itself as one entity = does not satisfy RICO

try ricoact.com