judgement question

dolphindan1

I have a judgement from back in 96 for 3291.00 by Security Pacific Financial. They have since shut down or been bought out and I cannot seem to locate anyone to have this paid. I am now trying to buy a home and my FHA Mortgage guy tells me this might have to be paid. What can I do? Does anyone have any contact info. Can I try to vacate on those grounds...I have disputed it a couple times always comes back verified. Any advice would be great...Thanks

I have a judgement from back in 96 for 3291.00 by Security Pacific Financial. They have since shut down or been bought out and I cannot seem to locate anyone to have this paid. I am now trying to buy a home and my FHA Mortgage guy tells me this might have to be paid. What can I do? Does anyone have any contact info. Can I try to vacate on those grounds...I have disputed it a couple times always comes back verified. Any advice would be great...Thanks

I think you have to go to court and see who owns it, also try your local B.A.R. (legal not alcohol) and get some advice from a "consumer lawyer", they will suggest how to have it satisfied or you MIGHT be able to get it dismissed if you can't find the owner of the judgement.

I would go to the court house and see the status of it first, also talk to other lenders they might be able to give some advice

They're still in business: http://www.easy-home-equity-loans.com

This is their site.

I dont think these are the same people. I took out a 4000.00 dollar signature loan with these people back then....It was one of those small loan companies in your area....I called citifinancial who said they were there sister company got a number from them got transferred, then transferred again and again.....

DoDon...I disputed it 2 times both time it got verified...I did not mine and also did the seven year date rporting up....Now I am disputing the dates....The did not file it till a year after the court date....So I am hoping that will work....I sent a copy of the actual papwer to the CRA with the date on it.....

ADSOFT....This thing has about driven me to my local bar....The SOL for SC is 10 years on judgements if I cannot find anyone to settle this with will I have to live with it till 2007....

DoDon...I disputed it 2 times both time it got verified...I did not mine and also did the seven year date rporting up....Now I am disputing the dates....The did not file it till a year after the court date....So I am hoping that will work....I sent a copy of the actual papwer to the CRA with the date on it.....

ADSOFT....This thing has about driven me to my local bar....The SOL for SC is 10 years on judgements if I cannot find anyone to settle this with will I have to live with it till 2007....

I believe I read someplace that you pay the court, if you can't find the real party that won the judgment against you. The court then holds it in trust until it is collected.

I believe I read someplace that you pay the court, if you can't find the real party that won the judgment against you. The court then holds it in trust until it is collected.

Interesting. Never heard that. What happens if the money goes unclaimed? Do you get it back?

Interesting. Never heard that. What happens if the money goes unclaimed? Do you get it back?

Doubtful that you'd get it back. Prolly ends up in that "unclaimed funds" database each State runs. But if it's satisfied, then you don't have to worry bout FHA anymore.

Thanks to everyone....Sorry for typos....My computer pauses sometimes and I am in a rush most of the time and do not proof read.....

I guess I am going to the courthouse....

I hear FHA is a pain...I have that judgement a a few small doctor bills in collections....You think they will make me pay them....Hell I am putting down 20 percent on a home being sold to me for 96500 and appraises around 130000....My scores are low mid to upper 500's....You think it will happen or not...

This now is becoming a motgage forum question.....I think

It is possible to pay the Courthouse the balance owing on the Judgment. My Sister had to do it as the people who filed the claim against her were not allowed to be around her due to a Restraining Order (Long Story). The only requirement she had to meet was that it included all interest due at time of payment, as no discounts were allowed. She received a receipt and a form of a satisfaction letter which was accepted by the Mortgage Company which was Wells Fargo. I was told by my lender that sometimes they will allow you to put on deposit the amount owed and it will remain until satisfied, no matter which way it goes. I have no idea how long the court will hold it before releasing back to you. You would have to call and ask.

Getting back to the question, if the business no longer exists, how can this information be verified if there is a mistake in the reporting?

Given the whole premise of the judgment is money owed to a business, and not a governmental entity, would the proper route be filing a motion to vacate?

OK,,,I went to my local courthouse and got all info on the judgement filed against me....

It was through Security Pacific Financial Services, INC. 975 Bacons Bridge Road Summerville SC....They are no longer... there is not even one of these in the phone book anywhere....There is a letter from a lawyer out of Columbia sending in the 5.00 filing fee and asking the judge to have it filed....

So do I contact that lawyer in writing or what?

What is sickening about this is the court day which I appeared at and is stated on the letter is April 30th 1996....but they did not file it on record till June 5th 1997....over a year later....Why would that happen? can I dispute that?

OK,,,I went to my local courthouse and got all info on the judgement filed against me....

It was through Security Pacific Financial Services, INC. 975 Bacons Bridge Road Summerville SC....They are no longer... there is not even one of these in the phone book anywhere....There is a letter from a lawyer out of Columbia sending in the 5.00 filing fee and asking the judge to have it filed....

So do I contact that lawyer in writing or what?

What is sickening about this is the court day which I appeared at and is stated on the letter is April 30th 1996....but they did not file it on record till June 5th 1997....over a year later....Why would that happen? can I dispute that?

Ask the court clerk (phone them) what to do if the entity that has a judgment against you no longer exists. Incorporated businesses are just like people, when they die, so does all their claims and obligations. You may be able to get a motion to vacate since they are no longer around to accept your money.