CA dropped my case when I DV'd them, what does that mean?

alkaloid

My wife had a AT&T CC go to collections last year. The collection company was OSI, and I agreed to let them take out $100 per month out of my bank account (I know, bad idea - this was before I found this board!) Anyway, they took the money out for six months, then stopped.

Well, I started getting letters and calls from National Enterprise Systems a month ago. Having read the articles on this board, I promptly sent them a DV letter.

Today I got a letter in the mail from NES (about two days after I got my green card back) stating that they had closed my account with them and returned the information to the original creditor.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? If so, what is going on / what does this mean?

Thanks, this board has helped me pay off almost $40k in credit cards over the last year! This is actually the LAST account on which I'm working.

My wife had a AT&T CC go to collections last year. The collection company was OSI, and I agreed to let them take out $100 per month out of my bank account (I know, bad idea - this was before I found this board!) Anyway, they took the money out for six months, then stopped.

Well, I started getting letters and calls from National Enterprise Systems a month ago. Having read the articles on this board, I promptly sent them a DV letter.

Today I got a letter in the mail from NES (about two days after I got my green card back) stating that they had closed my account with them and returned the information to the original creditor.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? If so, what is going on / what does this mean?

Thanks, this board has helped me pay off almost $40k in credit cards over the last year! This is actually the LAST account on which I'm working.

Unfortunately, this sounds like the 1st CA ripped you off and never paid AT&T from what they took from your bank account -- This is all too common, and why we say NEVER PAY A CA. I assume you didn't get anything in writing from the 1st CA saying the account was satisfied ($600 seems like a lot for a phone bill). You may end up having to pay this twice if you can't prove that AT&T got paid. Start diggin up your records and bank statements showing the payments then call AT&T to get the scoop from them.

Sorry, this was an AT&T Mastercard. I think it was issued by Citibank, but I'm not sure.

I think the 1st CA took the $600 off the balance of the card, because the original amount was 5400 and now it is 4800.

Thanks!

Odd. Wonder why they stopped taking out the $100 then. Since the 2nd CA isn't willing to validate, there must be a lack of accounting/documentation. Just DV any plecostemous that contacts you about it until the SoL runs out. :-)