Sign in to follow this  
pj

TU Special Message - ???

On my DH CR it has a "Special Message" at the end -

Special Messages:

Input SSN has been used (026) times in the last 30 days

on different inquiries??? :evil:

What is this and will it hurt in obtaining credit in the future????

Should he send something to TU or what???

Thanks for your help!

On my DH CR it has a "Special Message" at the end -

Special Messages:

Input SSN has been used (026) times in the last 30 days

on different inquiries??? :evil:

What is this and will it hurt in obtaining credit in the future????

Should he send something to TU or what???

Thanks for your help!

Are you pulling his report via PG? If so, the inquiries are yours.....softies. No harm done. My TU says the same thing.

Yes it is due to pulling PG daily. However - I was curious if a creditor sees this won't they be concerned about the unusual amount of inquiries?

Thanks for your input!

Creditors won't see them at all -- they are only visible to you.

They are having this same discussion over on CB. Apparently creditors DO see that message....and folks have been turned down becuase of it. The person who was turned down said it had something to do with fraud????

They are having this same discussion over on CB. Apparently creditors DO see that message....and folks have been turned down becuase of it. The person who was turned down said it had something to do with fraud????

This is correct. I work for the New Accounts department for a major credit card company and this is considered a fraud flag. Our system routes this right to our Fraud Prevention team. I believe the idea behind this is that if somone is trying to commit fraud, often they will just blast applications out to different companies and hope that one gets through

Is that legal? If they are soft inquiries, especially of me checking my own credit via PG.... that should make no difference because I am trying to make sure someone else isn't frauding me.. hmm.. yikes! :shock:

I knew that sounded wrong -- here is the section of the FCRA that they are violating:

c§ 604. Permissible purposes of consumer reports [15 U.S.C. § 1681b]

© Furnishing reports in connection with credit or insurance transactions that are not initiated by the consumer.

(3) Information regarding inquiries. Except as provided in section 609(a)(5) [§ 1681g], a consumer reporting agency shall not furnish to any person a record of inquiries in connection with a credit or insurance transaction that is not initiated by a consumer.

The question would be, is there something in the new FCRA that contradicts that and is it in effect yet? I don't see why it would be looked at as a fraud alert, because the CRA knows it is you running your own credit, not someone else applying for credit all over town.

*****Just an update on this******

I have been working alot of credit applications with this message lately and I have noticed that every single one that I come across has at least 5 hard inquiries in the past 30 days. I will keep my eyes open to see if I see an exception, but for now it seems to be triggered by hard inquiries