I love Transunion! But I hate Experian...

ShapingUp

Well, I got dispute results back today from Transunion and Experian (still waiting on Equifax).

Transunion:

Deleted all four of my collections! And deleted 3 charge-offs. Also deleted two other accounts that were duplicates and shouldn't have been on there to begin with.

The only derogs still on my Transunion report are an old Cap 1 charge off that will fall off next year and a Chase card that I truly don't think is mine. It is showing a zero balance, was 120+ days late, and transferred. I have never been contacted by a collection agency or the original creditor about this. Yet, they verified????

Anyway, despite that, I'm very pleased. My score went from 566 on March 15 to 638 today!

Experian:

They suck! They only deleted one collection. All of the other collections and charge offs that Transunion couldn't verify, they somehow could. And they won't let me buy a report with a score from Myfico because they cannot verify my identity. So I have no idea what my score is with them. Nobody around here seems to pull Experian anyway, so maybe I won't worry about it too much right now.

Equifax was my cleanest of the three, so I'm very interested if any of my disputes will work. I should hopefully hear from them in the next week.

Thanks everyone for the great advice and help. I'm nowhere near finished yet, but I'm getting there!

Experian should file to rename their company "Extra-Pain"

They consistantly refuse to do proper investigations and then claim they don't have to because their members have to sign a contract guaranteeing that tradelines reported are accurate. Horse-butts! They need a big-dollar class-action slap to remind them of Cushman v. TRW.

Mikey,

I disputed 14 items with Transunion. Twelve of them, I disputed as "not mine". They deleted 9 of them and verified 3. The other two things I disputed as "never late", which they verified and didn't change, and "not closed" because I thought the account was still supposed to be open. I was wrong, and Transunion left it as "closed".

I put all 14 disputes in one letter. I think it's important to not get too detailed in these letters. Here is what I wrote:

Dear TransUnion:

I recently ordered a copy of my credit report (SS# xxx-xx-xxxx) and was surprised to find several very serious inaccuracies that are negatively affecting my credit rating and my ability to get additional credit. This letter is a formal request that you please investigate these errors and correct them or completely remove them from my report as soon as possible.

Then I just listed each account, the account # as listed on the TU report, put why it was wrong, and then put what I wanted them to do. Example:

Arrow Financial, account # 3333333, Not My Account, Delete from Report.

I didn't go into any further specifics than that.

I should add that 2 of my collections that got deleted were paid medical bills, and 2 were for old charge-off credit card accounts that I had not paid. I'm quite surprised they got deleted.

I hope that helps!

Experian should file to rename their company "Extra-Pain"

They consistantly refuse to do proper investigations and then claim they don't have to because their members have to sign a contract guaranteeing that tradelines reported are accurate. Horse-butts! They need a big-dollar class-action slap to remind them of Cushman v. TRW.

I agree with Methuss there about EX. If what they say is true about not having to investigate because of the contract with creditors, then there would be no such thing as the FCRA, and no ability to even dispute a TL. It would void out the entire Fair Debt Collection Act.

Pishaww! EX annoys me. I still have a bit of a road to hike with them.

I hate experian too. I have 4 items I disputed and all four came back verified - how is the possible? One has the wrong paid charge off date - it was changed from 9-02 to 4-04 which made my fico score go in the toilet, and another account has a date opened date of 2/99 with a reported since date of 12/98 - how is the possible - how can they report on an account that wasn't opened yet?????