Inquiries Question

beatboy77

Hello All,

Has anyone had any luck calling the CB's directly and having any inquiries removed? I know that the CB's say they will not dispute them, but has anyone had any luck of them just removing them?

Thanks,

Josh

I think we should all join a class-action against all three CRAs to remind them that ANY information in a CR is disputable, including inquiries. Taking on the CRAs individually is like a tick biting an elephant...they still loose blood, but it's hardly noticable to them.

Here is my 2 cents.. Been a long time since i posted but:

Equifax by far is the easiest to get INQ's removed. Just call them up get them to investigate. work for all of mine..I have zero inq's on my EQ report..

Transunion..Just go to their website www.transunion.com and conduct and online investigation... Worked for me as well . Bumpage did also.. But worthknowing.com is gone so oh well.

Experian....I had no luck with them but I really didn't try that hard.

Good luck in your journey. I started in May 03 and finished in Jan 04. This board was a God send...... Good luck :D

I just last month disputed on the phone with Eguifax and with in 15 days they sent me a letter stating after investigation the inquiries were removed.....

Experian said I would have to contact the people doing the inquiries directly....which I have since sent a letter to Experian and each of the people who made the inquiries...I have not heard back yet of course it has only been about 25 days...

I have never had luck with transunion....

Good luck.......

Interesting that we all have different experiences with this.

Equifax took my disputed inquiries over the phone.

TU phone rep said I'd have to contact the original creditor because inquiries are a "statement of fact." Even after I told him that I thought CRA's had to investigate everything I disputed, he made the "statement of fact" point again. I am going to write to the OC but if I get no response will have to revisit this.

Experian wouldn't take them online or over the phone, but they give instructions online about how to write to them to dispute inquiries. I am sending a letter today.

God! I want some luck with EQFX too!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got off the phone with them. They gave me the "we have to report what the creditor tells us to" speech and told me to take the inqs up with the creditor reporting them. Grrrrr!

Get a name? If so include that in your violation notice to the CRA.

According to the FCRA you can sue the individual person who told you that, not just the CRA.

(f) The term "consumer reporting agency" means any person which, for monetary fees, dues, or on a cooperative nonprofit basis, regularly engages in whole or in part in the practice of assembling or evaluating consumer credit information or other information on consumers for the purpose of furnishing consumer reports to third parties, and which uses any means or facility of interstate commerce for the purpose of preparing or furnishing consumer reports.

God! I want some luck with EQFX too!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got off the phone with them. They gave me the "we have to report what the creditor tells us to" speech and told me to take the inqs up with the creditor reporting them. Grrrrr!

try calling them back. i have never been told no by anyone at equifax when i disputed inquiries.

Get a name? If so include that in your violation notice to the CRA.

According to the FCRA you can sue the individual person who told you that, not just the CRA.

(f) The term "consumer reporting agency" means any person which, for monetary fees, dues, or on a cooperative nonprofit basis, regularly engages in whole or in part in the practice of assembling or evaluating consumer credit information or other information on consumers for the purpose of furnishing consumer reports to third parties, and which uses any means or facility of interstate commerce for the purpose of preparing or furnishing consumer reports.

Well, her name was Kathy. Didnt get a last name. First name stuck because it's my hubbys ex-wifes name and it makes my blood boil. :roll: You're saying that they can't refuse to investigate it, right? Damn! Why do I not think of these things when I have the person on the phone? :speechless: Something about putting a phone to my ear shorts out the connection between my brain and mouth.

You can dispute ANY information in your credit file and they are required to investigate it, unless they deem it frivilous (which is up to them to prove). The thing is, the CRAs deem certain things frivilous that the courts say they need to investigate. Basically, the CRAs stick their middle digit up to the courts every day. It's up tot the consumer to spank them for it -- and most consumer's don't know that.