Sign in to follow this  
cincityplayer

Take a look at what TU sent as a response to MY PR request

take a look at what TU sent me today in response to a PR request I sent out.

P.O. BOX 2000

Chester, PA 19022-2000

RETURN SERVICE REQUESTED

TRANSUNION

APRIL 09, 2004

FILE NUMBER

Thank you for contacting TransUnion. Our goal is to maintain complete and accurate information on your credit report. We have provided the information below in response to your request.

Re: Dispute Status

Our records show that your creditor(s) previously verified as accurate the items that are listed below. Therefore, under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, we consider this dispute frivolous and we will not reinvestigate the item(s) unless you can provide j?ourt pap_ers or a recent, authentic letter from the creditor (s)-that explains what information should be updated.

If you disagree with the results of your dispute, you may add a consumer statement of 100 words or less to your credit report or you may contact the creditor directly. The names and addresses are listed below:

HAMILTON COUNTY COMMON DOCKET # XXXXX 1000 MAIN STREET CINCINNATI, OH 45202 (513) 632-8283

OHIO FEDERAL COURT-CINCI DOCKET#XXXXX 221 E 4TH STREET SUITE 800

CINCINNATI, OH 45202 (513) 684-2573

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact TransUnion at the address shown below, or visit us on the web at www.transunion.com for general information. When contacting our office, please provide your current file number

P.O. BOX 2000

CHESTER, PA 19022-2000

Did they just hang themselves or what? First off I did not ask for another investigation, I just asked for the procedures used to verify a released Tax lien and a BK. Is this a normal response to a PR request ??

Now We all know that did not verify with the above people at the list numbers so From reading a couple of post my next move is to call and ask how the courts how they handle verifying records with the CRA's and when they say "WE DON'T VERIFY WITH CRA'S" ask them to send me a letter stating that and then use this piece of crap to hang TU with Right ?? any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated

Apparently the CRAs don't train their employees that there is such a thing as a procedural description. That is the umpteenth time I have seen that as a response to a request for one. They always give you some BS about it being a dispute (apparently they don't train their employees to read either).

I agree with Jazkal (whose name I always pronounce "Jazz Cow" in my mind :wink: ).

Take a trip down to the courthouse yourself, be really really nice to the court clerk and get them to put that in writing. Make sure to tell them that the CRAs are saying the court clerk's office are the ones who are making the mistake and saying if it's wrong, it's THEIR fault because TU said they verified directly with them. That'll get them to put something in writing.

Go get 'em and goooood luck!! :D

I agree with Jazkal (whose name I always pronounce "Jazz Cow" in my mind :wink: ).

ROFL!

It's Jazz "Cal" as in California

Make sure to tell them that the CRAs are saying the court clerk's office are the ones who are making the mistake and saying if it's wrong, it's THEIR fault because TU said they verified directly with them. That'll get them to put something in writing.

The Clerks just hate the fact that the CRA's make them look bad, just gets on the nerves.

YES! Exactly, Jazzcow :wink: . My court clerk lady actually said "I'm ALWAYS glad to help someone who is having problems with their reports, as the credit reporting agencies are a constant thorn in our sides!"

She wrote me everything I needed....even put in writing something like "credit reporting agencies get items wrong on reports ALL the time because they put records together no matter the spelling of the name. We hear about that quite often."

I've had 6 removals from EQ (all of them), 13 or 14 removals from TU (all of them) and 10 removals from EX (3 left that are completely reported wrong anyway).

take a look at what TU sent me today in response to a PR request I sent out.

P.O. BOX 2000

Chester, PA 19022-2000

RETURN SERVICE REQUESTED

TRANSUNION

APRIL 09, 2004

FILE NUMBER

Thank you for contacting TransUnion. Our goal is to maintain complete and accurate information on your credit report. We have provided the information below in response to your request.

Re: Dispute Status

Our records show that your creditor(s) previously verified as accurate the items that are listed below. Therefore, under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, we consider this dispute frivolous and we will not reinvestigate the item(s) unless you can provide j?ourt pap_ers or a recent, authentic letter from the creditor (s)-that explains what information should be updated.

If you disagree with the results of your dispute, you may add a consumer statement of 100 words or less to your credit report or you may contact the creditor directly. The names and addresses are listed below:

HAMILTON COUNTY COMMON DOCKET # XXXXX 1000 MAIN STREET CINCINNATI, OH 45202 (513) 632-8283

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact TransUnion at the address shown below, or visit us on the web at www.transunion.com for general information. When contacting our office, please provide your current file number

P.O. BOX 2000

CHESTER, PA 19022-2000

Did they just hang themselves or what? First off I did not ask for another investigation, I just asked for the procedures used to verify a released Tax lien and a BK. Is this a normal response to a PR request ??

Now We all know that did not verify with the above people at the list numbers so From reading a couple of post my next move is to call and ask how the courts how they handle verifying records with the CRA's and when they say "WE DON'T VERIFY WITH CRA'S" ask them to send me a letter stating that and then use this piece of crap to hang TU with Right ?? any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated

Well they violated the FCRA. Send them a letter and tell them so. Just state plainly that you did not ask for a reinvestigation, but for a description of their procedure used to verify. Restate that you wanted names, phone numbers, postal addresses, and descriptions of the communications used in verifying.

Sue em, if you want to, for a grand since the FCRA doesn't say they have any second chances. I don't think they can claim a good faith mistake to escape liability because this response shows that they were totally incompetant in the way they handled it...didn't even read it apparently.

I think I'm going to start advising that people put "This is not a request for a reinvestigation" in their PR letters from now on.

I would suggest waiting out the 15 days from when they recieved your PR letter, just to make sure they can't get it too you in time. IMHO

Methuss wrote:

Well they violated the FCRA. Send them a letter and tell them so. Just state plainly that you did not ask for a reinvestigation, but for a description of their procedure used to verify. Restate that you wanted names, phone numbers, postal addresses, and descriptions of the communications used in verifying.

Sue em, if you want to, for a grand since the FCRA doesn't say they have any second chances. I don't think they can claim a good faith mistake to escape liability because this response shows that they were totally incompetant in the way they handled it...didn't even read it apparently.

Did they not fufill their duties with this section of the letter?

If Have them on a violation do I even need to worry about the court clerk? can I use this violation as ammo for a "you violated the FCRA by not providing the procedure(s) used to verify, delete and I will not SUE!!" Letter? and as a side note I did include in my PR request that"THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR REINVESTIGATION" IN BOLD CAPS AT THAT!!

Yeah, I have that same problem...I always say "NOT A REQUEST FOR REINVESTIGATION", but they do anyway. Good news is, I've had a ton of things removed once they 'investigate' again upon my PR request.

I'd go ahead and try to get with the court clerk anyway just to be safe. You can always use that PLUS telling them of their FCRA violations. The more ammo you have, the better. And, as always, get to a higher-up....the customer reps don't know what they're doing anyway.

This assuming you just want the tradeline fixed/gone. If you WANT to sue, go for it. I'd just rather skip that hassle and have someone delete my TL. :)

Methuss wrote:

Did they not fufill their duties with this section of the letter?

If Have them on a violation do I even need to worry about the court clerk? can I use this violation as ammo for a "you violated the FCRA by not providing the procedure(s) used to verify, delete and I will not SUE!!" Letter? and as a side note I did include in my PR request that"THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR REINVESTIGATION" IN BOLD CAPS AT THAT!!

I would say no. That information is the same thing as on your tradelines. There is no information on what date they called, who they spoke to, and what they asked. If in writing, there is no copy of the letter sent and the written response. They don't even say if they did it by phone, mail, or just a computer lookup in a database (computer lookups are a no-no according to Cushman v. TRW).

I personally follow the credo in my signature line, but that's not for everyone. I don't mind mixing it up with those dunder-heads, so I would send a violation notice with a copy of the court papers that will be filed if they continue their non-compliance with the law. Your milage may vary. :-)

I may be screwed!! This disk I used to Save all copies of Letters sent to CRA's will not BOOT WTFFFFF!! :cry::cry: when I send that violation letter I need a copy of that letter right?

I may be screwed!! This disk I used to Save all copies of Letters sent to CRA's will not BOOT WTFFFFF!! :cry::cry: when I send that violation letter I need a copy of that letter right?

Ummm....you're not keeping hard-copies in a file-folder with all your CMRRR cards?!? Sorry, but when doing this kind of stuff, you must kill the trees.

Yea,

I am keeping hard records but I scanned the TU request in order to copy the format for an EX PR request and cant find the damn Document So i keep the disk as a Back up and it's screwed up!! WTF!! :cry::cry: So what are my chances without that letter to show them exactly what i asked for Did not mean to use foul word but I am a tad bit upset!!

If you have a hard copy, just retype it back into your word processor, or scan it with OCR software.

If you have a hard copy, just retype it back into your word processor, or scan it with OCR software.

Or go to the OfficeMax and make a photocopy.