Letter from M.R.S. ASSOCIATES INC

tar_heel_4nHOG

Hello to all,

I'm new to this site, so here it goes. I just received this letter from MRS ASSOCIATES:

RE: FIRST PREMIER BANK

CLT ACCT #:BLAH-BLAH-BLAH

MRS ACCT #blah-blah-blah

AMOUNT DUE:$406.23

Dear ME,

This letter is to inform you of a special offer to resolve your overdue account with our client. We recognize that a possible hardship or pitfall may have prevented you from satisfying your obligation. It is with this in mind that we would like to offer you a unique opportunity to satisfy your outstanding debt. We are presenting four options that will enable you to avoid further collection activity being taken against you.

OPTION 1: A settlement of 35% OFF of your current balance, SO YOU ONLY PAY $264.05 in ONE PAYMENT that must be received in this office on or before APR 16TH.

OPTION 2: A settlement of 30% OFF of your current balance, SO YOU PAY ONLY $284.36 in ONE PAYMENT that must be received in this office on or before APR 26TH.

OPTION 3: A settlement of 20%OFF of your current balance, SO YOU ONLY PAY $324.98 in TWO PAYMENTS. The first payment must be received in this office on or before APR 29TH andthe second by MAY 27TH.

OPTION 4: Monthly payment plan on full balance.

If you are interested in taking advantage of one of these terrific opportunities or if you have any questions, you MUST contact our office as son as possible at(877)508-6302(toll free). When you call, please let our represenative know that you have received the (FIRST PREMEIR BANK) Option Letter and tell us whether you would like to take advantage of the SETTLEMENT OPTION or the PAYMENT OPTION.

If we do not hear from you, we are forced to assume that you do not intend to resolve your obligation on a voluntary basis and we will recommend that our client proceed with further collection activity.

Sincerely,

S. Eaches

Collection Manager

(877)508-6302

NOTE: They are bonded in North Carolina to collect and I live in NC if this helps?

What can I do about this? ANY and ALL HELP would be of great help.

Heck yeah DV Them.. they have violated the FDCPA by not including your right to dispute the debt.

I would make sure you would include this line in your letter.

"The letter you sent dated......... in the first letter I have recieved from your company. You have already violated the FDCPA section 809 by not informing me of my right to dispute this debt. I, however, will now dispute the debt in writing and I am now requesting a full and total validation on the account"

Then use the other letters here to your situation

good luck

I received the IDENTICAL form letter for a sears account, AFTER I DV'd them and reported them to several agencies! There is only a partial Mini Meranda nothing about 30 days, but this wasnt my first one though. They ignored the DV and Im waiting for the 30 days to expire to write again. They did stop calling after the Limited C&D

I received the IDENTICAL form letter for a sears account, AFTER I DV'd them and reported them to several agencies! There is only a partial Mini Meranda nothing about 30 days, but this wasnt my first one though. They ignored the DV and Im waiting for the 30 days to expire to write again. They did stop calling after the Limited C&D

Partial doesn't cut it. This communication violates 2 sections of the FDCPA. Section 807 which states they must state they are a debt collector and that all information obtained will be used for that purpose. And Section 809 giving you the right to dispute.

There is no second chance clause in the FDCPA. You can file suit immediately for $1000 if you want to. Under strict liability, they already owe you for damages.

Partial doesn't cut it. This communication violates 2 sections of the FDCPA. Section 807 which states they must state they are a debt collector and that all information obtained will be used for that purpose. And Section 809 giving you the right to dispute.

There is no second chance clause in the FDCPA. You can file suit immediately for $1000 if you want to. Under strict liability, they already owe you for damages.

At the bottom of letter it states: This an attempt to collect a debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose.

This communication is from a debt collection agency.

Does this change anything?

At the bottom of letter it states: This an attempt to collect a debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose.

That is the Section 807 notice. So they did comply with that. But they still did not do the Section 809 notice. That makes the entire letter deceptive since you have a right to dispute and they are trying to convince you that you do not.

That is the Section 807 notice. So they did comply with that. But they still did not do the Section 809 notice. That makes the entire letter deceptive since you have a right to dispute and they are trying to convince you that you do not.

So what should I do? I'm new to this

Send a vaildation demand to them and include int he letter a notice that they have already violated the FDCPA with their deceptive form letter and can be held liable for $1000 in statutory damages. Put them on notice that you know your rights and will enforce your civil liberties to the extent the law allows.

The DV notice should stop all collection activity, including reporting, until they provide validation.

Send a vaildation demand to them and include int he letter a notice that they have already violated the FDCPA with their deceptive form letter and can be held liable for $1000 in statutory damages. Put them on notice that you know your rights and will enforce your civil liberties to the extent the law allows.

The DV notice should stop all collection activity, including reporting, until they provide validation.

Do you have a sample or a letter I can use? Also is alright for me to use my pc to print letter or should I hand write every letter? Thanks for you help

• 1 month later...

Do you have a sample or a letter I can use? Also is alright for me to use my pc to print letter or should I hand write every letter? Thanks for you help

Just received another letter from MRS after sending a DV to them and a illegal 1st contact letter from the forum letter generator. What should I do now? The letter reads as follows.

Dear ME,

In reviewing our files on your account, we note that your payment of the account in full would create a financial hardship for you at this time.

We have permission from our client to accept and work out a time payment plan with you. This agreement will permit you to liquidate the account over a reasonable period of time with monthly payments of $50.00, beginning May 24th.

Make all checks payable to FIRST PREMIER BANK.

If you have any questions or want to discuss this arrangement, please contact our office immediately. Otherwise, we'll expect to receive your first payment on or before MAY 24th.

Sincerely,

S. Eaches

Collection Manager

877-508-6302

This is an attempt to collect a debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose.

This communication is from a debt collector.

Apparently they can't read ITS letters...maybe a court summons will be more legible to them.

In my previous posts I forgot to mention that even if there was a section 809 statement on the letters, the demand for payment by a specific date constitutes "overshadowing."

I suggest just sending a violation notice with a copy of a filled out small claims complaint listing their offenses to date and tell them they are now civilly liable for FDCPA damages. Give them 15 days to respond with a settlement payable to you and failing that sue them.

BTW. Sending you another demand for payment without providing validation is another FDCPA violation for continuing collection activity without validating.

Hang em out to dry like laundry.

Let me ask you: do you find any of the payoff options acceptable? Or do you want to avoid paying the debt? If it's that you can't pay them off, then I would threaten them. You never got an 809 notice ( i.e., 30 day notice to ask for verification of teh debt)? That would be the angle.

I can't afford to pay them off.