Paid Utility Collections

Angrymike

About 2 months ago I paid off a collection with comcast cable. However instead of going through the collection agency I went straight to comcast and paid them. They gave me a receipt for my payment yet 2 months later the collection agency still hasnt removed the collection from CR. I was wondering if anyone knows of a suitable letter template I could use to get them to remove the listing while sending them the proof it has been paid.

Thanks

Mike

Hey there,

I dont think the collection will be removed. All the collection agency will do in this case is to mark it as PAID but it still remains on your credit report. Normally the original creditor which is COMCAST in this case should be directing the collection agnecy to get this done. How ever they have failed to do so in your case. Unfortunaltely PAID collection is no worse than an UNPAID one. In order to get this removed you may press COMCAST to ask the Collection agency to delete this listing since you have paid them in full. But if this some how does not work then you go the route of disputing the debt and demanding for full validation and getting it removed. You may research several posts regarding disputing and debt validation.

Hope this helps

About 2 months ago I paid off a collection with comcast cable. However instead of going through the collection agency I went straight to comcast and paid them. They gave me a receipt for my payment yet 2 months later the collection agency still hasnt removed the collection from CR. I was wondering if anyone knows of a suitable letter template I could use to get them to remove the listing while sending them the proof it has been paid.

Thanks

Mike

1) Was the CA 'Credit Protections Assoction, L.P.' by chance?

2) How soon after you received the collection letter did you pay Comcast?

Thanks

Mike

If the CA has updated the tradeline in any way after you paid the OC, then it is a violation of the FCRA by reporting false information. Send a letter disputing the tradelines as "not mine" to the CRAs. If the CA verifies, they are in trouble.

I had a bill with Comcast go to collections to (still there, unpaid). What ticked me off about them was that at the time they bought out our cable company we were getting a free preview--well, Comcast left it on my bills jacking it up sky high and I was too stupid to call them and say, "HEY, KNOCK IT OFF!" At any rate, I wish I would've reported them to the BBB. We currently have Dish network and I've been extremely happy with them (so far, knock on wood and sorry for anyone whose had issue with them).

I hope this gets resolved. I hate it that even when we PAY collections it's still a negative reporting! I really think that should be ratified, especially if they're going to go changing bankruptsy laws.

E~

The collections had been on my CR for about 2 years. I finally decided to clean it up but since the CA were being assholes I was just like fine, Ill pay comcast directly and they were like, well if you do it that way its going to take about 2 months to take it off your record. BS. So I figure I can do some kind of debt validation using my receipt with comcast or I can just send them a letter stating that it is no longer a valid collection and must be removed. Anyone have any letter template that I could use to get the point across and still sound aggressive enough for them to remove the collection?

Mike

I had a bill with Comcast go to collections to (still there, unpaid). What ticked me off about them was that at the time they bought out our cable company we were getting a free preview--well, Comcast left it on my bills jacking it up sky high and I was too stupid to call them and say, "HEY, KNOCK IT OFF!" At any rate, I wish I would've reported them to the BBB. We currently have Dish network and I've been extremely happy with them (so far, knock on wood and sorry for anyone whose had issue with them).

I hope this gets resolved. I hate it that even when we PAY collections it's still a negative reporting! I really think that should be ratified, especially if they're going to go changing bankruptsy laws.

E~

If you did not ask for the additional service, but they billed you for it, that is a consumer fraud issue. Dispute it directly to ComCast under that premise. Tell them that if they can't show proof that you asked for that extra service, then they had better retract the collection. Contact your public utilities commision and report what they have done if they still refuse to fix it.

Ya know? That's a good darn idea!! I think I will do just that. My question is I do know part of the bill was/is mine to pay for the cable, but I don't know how to calculate it and I don't have any old billings--whatever services were "added" should just be deducted for however many months I was behind I'm thinking--of course I'm sure getting them to do it will be like pulling teeth. We'll see. Thanks hon.

Elyse