Got my EQ CR...

elyse449

Hi folks,

Well, I got my Equifax credit report. What a let down--only three collections are showing! (LOL) My FICO is 521 (ick, I know).

The other odd thing (and maybe you pro's can offer insight) is that it DOES NOT show my foreclosed home or repo'd van (no, I'm not complaining necessarily) but yet the lady on the phone verified me via the repo through Ford Motor Credit! I'm wondering if this darn thing is even complete. Any thoughts about EQ CR's?

Elyse

To get a full picture of your credit, you should get your EX and TU reports too.

Many companies pull a "tri-merge" report, which means they get a consolidated report that shows all of your accounts shown from EQ, EX and TU. At the end of the report are 3 FICO scores from each CRA.

I'm pretty sure your FC and repo show on at least one of the other two reports.

I know I needed to order the other two, didn't have the funds though. Another poster here suggested to get them seperate so that I can be sure to get a fuller picture. Thanks! Yes, I'm sure the other stuff shows up on the others. This one just wasn't that complete--didn't even have my DOB!

Oh well...thanks!

E~

You've got the right idea, to get each report separately so that you can ensure the info is accurate, and disputing will be easier that way. They probably did look at more than more CRA's report. Can you sign up for privacy guard just to get a general idea (since they aren't completely accurate) of how each bureau looks? At least for now, that can help until you can buy a report from EX and TU. Look at it this way, if they aren't showing up on EQ, then they don't have to REMOVED from EQ ;)

The personal info each CRA has always varies. It depends on what the creditors send them on you.

Yah, now I'm all fired up to try to order the other two! :lol: I must say that I'm glad the other stuff isn't on the EQ, but I know it's probably on the other two and that's ok. It's been 5 yrs and COUNTING towards our state SOL (sh** outta LUCK!) LOL--j/k, hope I didn't offend anyone, I'm not a big swearer 'til it comes to collections!:)

Thanks for the privacy guard update, I was hoping to get involved in that to but each credit reporters seem to have their "own" one..which to choose??

Elyse

Yah, now I'm all fired up to try to order the other two! :lol: I must say that I'm glad the other stuff isn't on the EQ, but I know it's probably on the other two and that's ok. It's been 5 yrs and COUNTING towards our state SOL (sh** outta LUCK!) LOL--j/k, hope I didn't offend anyone, I'm not a big swearer 'til it comes to collections!:)

Thanks for the privacy guard update, I was hoping to get involved in that to but each credit reporters seem to have their "own" one..which to choose??

Elyse

You do need to get the other two reports. Just use the telephone method for requesting the reports and punch in the number that you were denied credit. You'll get them for free. But you need an individual report from each CR to dispute anything. Also, PG is really only good for monitoring your records. I would get the 3 reports, start your validation/dispute process, then sign up for PG. PG has a 2 month for $1 deal going on now. You wont need to monitor anything until 2-3 weeks into your credit repair adventure.

Good Luck!

Thanks for all the great input. Yah, I started thinking about applying just to get denied SO I could get my credit report but than I remembered that the inquiries harm your credit to. I'll *try* calling and punching the number for denial of credit and see...thanks! :)

Later on I'll do the monitoring thing--I think that's a good idea, but I think there should be a central monitoring system. Oh well... :roll:

Thanks again! E