does TL with note "cancelled by credit grantor" hu

seezar

I'm not sure if I just made a mistake but I had a TL for a Citibank Visa that has been on my TU report since 11/92. It was my oldest tradline, next oldest are from the end of '96.

Anyway, this particular tradeline used to be listed as a negative account as it had a couple 60 day and 90 day lates on it. About a year ago I got them to remove the lates so the account was listed as being in good status. The only thing that bothered me about the account was the comments on it said "cancelled by credit grantor".

A month ago, I went ahead and disputed it and had the TL removed from my credit report completely.

Now I'm wondering if I did the right thing cause with that TL gone my credit history only goes back to 1996 instead of 1992 as it did previously.

My score did seem to jump, it went from a 690 to a 711, but that could also be due to me paying down quite a bit of my balances on my credit accounts.

Now I'm wondering if I did the right thing cause with that TL gone my credit history only goes back to 1996 instead of 1992 as it did previously.

My score did seem to jump, it went from a 690 to a 711, but that could also be due to me paying down quite a bit of my balances on my credit accounts.

Don't quote me on this, but I think the CBCG entry is what had your score lower. It doesnt look good IF they close the account. Congrats on your score jump. I myself gained alot of points when I had a CBCG deleted. They seem to be easier to get deleted, for some odd reason.

If it was that old, as a closed account without any recent activity, then it probably wasnt counting that much against your score since the OC probably was no longer reporting on the account. What helps your scores are accounts that are reported regularly in good standing that go way far back.