Free Reports!

cjb1975

i don't know if anyone realizes this, but there is a way to get free reports once you pay for a report. (I have tried this for EX and EQ, not sure if it works for TU). If you pay for one report you get a report number. Every time you go into online dispute for EX and EQ, they pull up a current report for when you log in to dispute not the date for the one you originally paid for. Even if you don't dispute anything you can view the report!!!!...although on EQ its kind of limited, but on EX it looks like a full report!!!

Order reports via the telephone and use the 'denied credit' option-you will get new reports mailed to you. If your using the same report number on the web site, then your just looking at the same report over and over again.

Sorry to contradict you J-Snow but if you do this with EX, you actually get a "live" copy of your EX report. I find that if I get a free copy of my EX report or even just order a score from EX, I can use the ID number to access my updated report for about 3 months.

I think their FICO score alone can be ordered over the phone for around 6 bucks.

Sorry to contradict you J-Snow but if you do this with EX, you actually get a "live" copy of your EX report. I find that if I get a free copy of my EX report or even just order a score from EX, I can use the ID number to access my updated report for about 3 months.

I think their FICO score alone can be ordered over the phone for around 6 bucks.

No worries at all. Thanks for the info. I knew there were some people who were confused on this.

J

Actually the free report thing doesn't go into effect until the FTC gets its act together - they will be in charge. They estimate this won't go into effect until Dec 2004.

But here are some easy ways to get a free report (though getting your score costs money, even with the freebie report thing coming out.)

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/creditreports/credtrpt.shtml