hey! this stuff really does work

wdspeedbump

Guess I'm kinda glad for you, but pissed at the same time. Blowing off legitimate debts in my opinion is not the idea of this board. I'm not advocating the high fees and other crap these guys do, but folks who blow off legitimate debts altogether makes it harder on all of us.

I'm all for settlements (negating some of the BS fees they charge) and removing TL's or negative information via a settlement agreement since I strongly feel 7 years is WAY too long to carry baggage. I'm sure some will fire off at me on this, but removing legit TL's without payment is nothing short of theft in my opinion.

CableGuy, please tell us...Who is going to give us the money back for all of those charge opportunites we missed because of years of incorrect credit reports? Or how about the nice couple who tried to purchase a home but were denied because of incorrect reporting on thier reports? You see, the CRAs have been "stealing" from the average consumer for years. Because of the consumer's misunderstandings about the FDCPA, they should not be punished to pay old balances, unathorized fees, and mistakes of these credit agencies. I think all will agree that if a CB takes something off by not properly verifying information, they simply lose out. Maybe a Customer Service Representative did not want to do his or her job that day. Maybe the computers were down. Or maybe you have a Rep who feels the consumers are being shafted by credit cards etc. In any case, lets give everyone a HIGH FIVE for clearing negative credit from these reports. Besides, who has time to WRITE all these creditors about something they did wrong anyhow? (smirking) :?

Bluntly put, cabledude, if it was deleted because it could not be verified, then the alleged debt should not have been there. Regardless if the consumer thinks they really owed it or not, it obviously did not stand up to scrutiny.

I agree that people should not dodge debts they owe, but I limit that to people hiding and actively trying not to be found. If there is recourse to discharge an alleged debt based on inaction, misbehavior, or incompetance of the creditor, I certainly do not place that in the same category. Based upon your statement, bankruptsy is stealing in your eyes, even though it a perfectly legal means of discharging debts without paying for them.

I agree with you on everything EXCEPT paying what you truthfully owe. If you cannot pay and you have tried to make ends meet working with your creditors then there is always bankruptcy. However, to turn the other cheek and just not settle your debt is simply wrong.

As far as all of the incorrect reporting, outrageous fees, and legalized raping of consumers is wrong on the creditors part. I have been a victim of all of the above. I STILL do not want to "lash out" and screw my CC companies. I learned way back that two wrongs don't make a right. They give me money, I pay it back. The difference today is that I find every way possible to make them work for me, not the other way around. And if they make a mistake you bet your a$$ I am all over them about it.

just got a letter from experian today deleting one of dw's old charge-offs.

she owed it , there was no ca, so we took a shot at "not my debt".

it's our firstest one...sorta like a new baby lol. thanks to all on this site.

If I may throw 2 cents into this.............

I spent almost 20 grand, paying everyone off, BEFORE I found this board, and I been scratching and clawing, trying to get the PAID settlements, PAID collections and PAID charge-offs deleted, EDIT EDIT EDIT.

I am foaming at the mouth BECAUSE.....I spent the good part of 2 YEARS cleaning up my credit to get a house, and the banks say..."Sorry, not good enough" WTF do they want from me? They said to clean up my credit, now theyre telling me I should have never got in debt in the first place? The way they get out of debt....Mergers and Acquisitions.....WHO ARE THEY, when our own FEDERAL GOV"T is like a few BILLION in the hole, and all they do is sit in thier offices, with leather chairs, and the finest of mohagony and cherry woods, that money can buy, and who paid for it???????????????? WE ALL DID!!! EDIT EDIT EDIT !!!!! xhotxxSteaminxxhotxxhotx

well...forgive me for being honest. and for the record , i have spent thousands paying for dw's ex's laziness and irresponsibility. this account was a charge-off that was years old and the only way to get it off was to try a shot in the dark. i too would like the pleasures of home ownership, and the reality of today's economy requires both incomes and both cr's to qualify.

to those of you who have not sinned, specifically "cabledude", please notice the mistletoe attached to my coattail.

i will continue to monitor and learn, however probably will not post because i get enough abuse from ca's without subjecting myself to this kind of "holier than thou" crap.

Hey Wdspeedbump,

First of all I am sorry that I may have offended you. The beauty of this board is that we can ALL express our opinions. Not everyone will agree with a particular post. Don't take it personally and keep posting. I've gotten blasted on a few of my own, but for the most part I find everyone here is pretty much in the same boat in some way, shape, or form. In any case I find the responses as constructive critisizm and allow us all to see different viewpoints and how they compare to our own situation. So I hope you keep posting and don't take any feeback personally. Our friends at the bank sure don't!!!!!!!!!

BTW: I love that "mistletoe on the coattail" quote. Might start using that myself. See I told you I could find somehting constructive out of any opinion.

I think people are better off first disputing their derogs. If she had first paid off the balance, she would have reaged the statute of limitations and set in motion an excuse for the CRA to re-age the whole account.

Besides, its my belief that at whatever point you pass judgement on somone else, you are condeming yourself, because you who pass judgement do the same things. Cabedude, your like a modern day pharisee, self righteous!

wdspeedbump, I say GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Any removal is a good removal, in my eyes. Go get 'em!

:D

Speedbump, please stay. Normally this is a very non judgmental board. Maybe cabledude and waxworks just got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Don't take them to be the moral majority here. This board is not about judging others, it's about coming together and helping others with the same type problems. Whether or not you choose to pay your "alleged" debts is your choice, and is not for any of us to comment on. Wax and Cabledude..shame on you for shooting down a newbie with thier first credit victory. :evil: Congratulations Speedbump! Go get 'em!

WAXWORKS!!! I COULDNT HAVE SAID IT ANY BETTER ^_^ A MEN!

There now see there are people out there feeling the anger I feel towards these billion dollar companies! a 200 capitol One card that turns into 2,000.00 when they hold you payment till its past due! they add $60 per month for their own selfish purposes! Hell Yea I agree with Wax on this GRR.......

WAXWORKS!!! I COULDNT HAVE SAID IT ANY BETTER ^_^ A MEN!

There now see there are people out there feeling the anger I feel towards these billion dollar companies! a 200 capitol One card that turns into 2,000.00 when they hold you payment till its past due! they add $60 per month for their own selfish purposes! Hell Yea I agree with Wax on this GRR.......

I did not wake up on thew wrong side of the bed, by the way.

I apologize to speedbump. I do not want you to leave either.

Ok.....I will say this............I am not as mad at speedbump, as I am these MUlti Billion $$$ Corperations, who are sending jobs overseas, to fill thier coofers even more, while they screw with our lives, because we made a "screwup or 2" They screw up, and they pay millions of $ for some "lawyer" and they walk away free. Example being the guy from Tyco, who squandered 600 mil, of other people's money, and the little guy is the one who ends up crawling out from mounting debt, and do they care? (I choose to censor myself).

Others BUY thier way INTO puiblic office, and promise Mr Joe Six-Pack, protection from creditor abuse, but they ATTACH so much PORK to the legislation, that it becomes worthless. They promise us the moon, but in return, when they get elected, they may as well moon all of us, because theyre going HAHA!!! SUCKERS!!!

Just in case....................I EDITED part of my earlier thread.....case closed.......no harm, no foul, and now, may we please get back to the nature at hand, and that is helping one another clearing up our credit lives, and not playing Days of Our Lives? :D